Photos!!

Hi, is there a way to transfer photographs to my 'photos' folder on my FOX T2 without having to upload them from a USB drive, if the USB method is the only choice, could someone please explain how it is carried out, is it as simple as plugging in the stick and letting the upload complete by itself?
Thank you.

Hi, is there a way to transfer photographs to my 'photos' folder on my FOX T2 without having to upload them from a USB drive
FTP, or install and configure the samba package.

if the USB method is the only choice, could someone please explain how it is carried out, is it as simple as plugging in the stick and letting the upload complete by itself?
Try it and see.

BUT... have you actually tried viewing photos with the HDR-FOX??? You might not think it's worth the bother.

as simple as plugging in the stick and letting the upload complete by itself?
AFAIK there will be no automatic upload.
You can view the photos on the USB stick without moving or use the webif or remote control to select and copy the photos into "My Photo"

FTP'd a foldersworth into My Photo folder no problem. Stepped into to folder a scrolled up and down the list. Hit enter and it goes into 'Slideshow' mode which can be paused and then stepped through in full screen. Not sure of any size limitations yet as these were older photos (<1MB).

Later:
5-6MB seems to be a the usable limit - the larger the file the longer it takes to load. I tried some professional sized images (8 - 20MB) from my sister's wedding - some of the smaller ones loaded OK but it just seemed to hang trying to load the very large ones.

Last edited:
Back