picture stutter

longwire

HI,
have been using the 4000t for a week now but just now and again I get picture stutter.
I have run my fox t2 in tandem to record the same programme at the same time and the picture from the t2 does not stutter. I am about 10 miles or so line of site with the transmitter so too little or too much signal should not be a problem?

HI,
have been using the 4000t for a week now but just now and again I get picture stutter.
I have run my fox t2 in tandem to record the same programme at the same time and the picture from the t2 does not stutter. I am about 10 miles or so line of site with the transmitter so too little or too much signal should not be a problem?

Not sure how you reckon too much or too little can be discounted.

When you design anything designed to receive a rf signal and extract the modulated signal there is a conflict.

You can make the tuners really sensitive, and capable of working with very low signal levels. This has the problem that stronger signals are much more likely to create issues. (this is easy to fix by simply attenuating the signal). It also makes the multi transmitter reception issue more likely.

You can make the tuners less sensitive, and reduce the possibility of front end overload. As a result in weak signal areas you get reception issues.

You don't say if you have some amplifiers in the system, if you have try removing them first.

Depends what the OP means by "stutters".

Does the FVP-4000T have any form of signal quality monitoring, as per HDR-FOX?

I had this issue on mine and sorted it by changing the resoluntion of the FVP.

When setting the box up it defaults the resoluntion to 1080i. I changed mine to 1080p and the problem has gone and the picture looks great :)

I had this issue on mine and sorted it by changing the resoluntion of the FVP.

When setting the box up it defaults the resoluntion to 1080i. I changed mine to 1080p and the problem has gone and the picture looks great :)

Thanks for the post.
I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I first noticed it happening.
Will give it a try.

Interesting post. I have exactly the same stuttering problem with my FVP-5000T. Audio isn't affected, only video. I too will change to 1080p and report back in a few days or so.

Back