Play recorded files on PC

Gary

I confused about whether this can be done on the HD-FOX-T2. Lot's of posts say it can and then, say "oh no sorry that's on the HDR-FOX-T2".

So can we have a final answer for the HD-FOX-T2 - can I copy the recorded .ts files to my pc and play them/convert to AVI etc?

I've tried and all I get in VLC player is a blank screen and no audio

If so does it involve booting as an HDR or is there another way?

You need the custom software: install "HDR Mode" and you will be able to decrypt the files, and then go back to normal mode to use them for something.

Other than that, no.

A similar question was posed HERE (click).

You need the custom software: install "HDR Mode" and you will be able to decrypt the files, and then go back to normal mode to use them for something.
I have the same question, and I got the HDR mode working.

However, it does not seem to be the most convenient solution. Is there a way to improve it?

I could imagine using the HDR software if it supports recording, for example. It may just be a small thing, such as a question of the available partitions. I did a quick test, mounting /var/lib/humaxtv to /mnt/hd3, but the result is very much the same. Did anybody try to strace humaxtv?

On the other hand I would assume that it should be possible to use the DLNA server instead of the manual solution via the +OPT button. Did anybody try that?

I'm sure you are welcome to have a play and see what you can do. Might even make it into the honours list!

Back