playback at 23.976fps

jack616

Does anyone know if the humax should be able to playback a 23.976 fps file without video stutter?
I'm down to my last humax and that's suspect so it would help to know if it should play these
back before I decide what to do.

They are
23.976fps 1920x1080 H264 level 4.1 with ac3 mono

They play fine on a PC with mpc-hc but frame rate is wrong on the humax.
I've tried wrapping in humax format .TS with av2hdr but no luck.
I'd rather not have to re-encode them all as some are very long and my PC can only
do the recoding at 8.4 fps.

Does anyone know if the humax should be able to playback a 23.976 fps file without video stutter?
I'm down to my last humax and that's suspect so it would help to know if it should play these
back before I decide what to do.

They are
23.976fps 1920x1080 H264 level 4.1 with ac3 mono

They play fine on a PC with mpc-hc but frame rate is wrong on the humax.
I've tried wrapping in humax format .TS with av2hdr but no luck.
I'd rather not have to re-encode them all as some are very long and my PC can only
do the recoding at 8.4 fps.

No 1080p24 capability on most UK boxes as they are only capable of 50Hz playback. My blu-ray player which has usb media playback plays back 1080p24 content with no issues. Recoding is unlikely to help as the conversion will use the same or similar pulldown to get 60fps. This is what happens when you play a blu-ray on a TV without 1080p24 support.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-p...925003-1080p-24hz-3-2-pulldown-questions.html

Thanks graham - I'll probably have to use ffmpeg and re-encode by the looks of things
until I decide whether to try and get a humax mobo or buy something else.
It's never been an issue before - it just waited until everything I own stops working
then just turns the screws once more - I really hope this month ends soon...

Back