Playback from Live Buffer - Glitch

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I get a problem when I'm chase-playing the live buffer. My skip buttons are set to 2m forward, 15s back. If I'm within maybe 10 minutes of the end of the buffer, skipping forward returns to live broadcast instead of index+2m.

It's a pain.

...and if you have a full 2 hours in the buffer, the skip forward and backwards buttons don't work at all as expected.

I've found to avoid that and the TSR warning it's best to record the programme, wait 30 secomds and then play it back. I've missed the end of some progs using chase play most frustrating and black looks from HID !!!!!!
Does seem to be a sort of bug though

I guess so, including buffer-windback-and-record-from-start. I suppose it would, but it would be graceful if it honoured the end padding in that situation because I usually find I miss the end of the programme. If I get interrupted and hit record so as to come back later, if I remember I set the next programme as well to ensure I catch it all.

I guess so, including buffer-windback-and-record-from-start. I suppose it would, but it would be graceful if it honoured the end padding in that situation because I usually find I miss the end of the programme. If I get interrupted and hit record so as to come back later, if I remember I set the next programme as well to ensure I catch it all.

Doesn't pressing record a second time let you add on time (it does on a Foxsat-hdr)

Doesn't pressing record a second time let you add on time (it does on a Foxsat-hdr)
Yes it does. BTW that also has an annoying 'feature' in that sometimes the minimum time can only be set to 10 minutes, other times it will go down to 2 minutes. The reason I find it annoying is that I quite often have to do many tests where a 2 minute recording would suffice and I have to wait 10 minutes each time.

Do you find that pressing record for a current programme ignores padding?
Good question, can't say I have but recently I disabled padding as there were a lot of progs I and wanted that were back to back ie 8-9, 9-10 . I must admit AR seems to be working for me, very rarely record anything on ch 5 which seems to be the worst culprit as far as AR is concerned

We are familiar with the bug which disables the TSR if one selects the current channel again, but it happened to me today and I'm certain I didn't enter "38" (I'm watching Quest). I switched channels and back again to get the TSR back.

So far I have not been able to reproduce the problem (via Guide or the channel list on OK).

Back