Playback of TS files using Airplayer app

nufan

Hi - I tried a few iPhone apps to see which was best to stream TS files from my Humax HDR-Fox T2 and watch them when my TV is unavailable.

After a few apps failed to handle format - I found that Airplayer seemed to provide pretty good quality playback with DLNA streaming.

The timeshift bar isn't working though, and using time-skip to work around is problematic as the app doesn't seem to allow you to change from the default of a few seconds i.e. a lot of skipping if you have a problem part way through.

Timebar problem: in one example, I click play - and the timebar shows an incrementing 23:40 on the LHS, and a static -15:33 on the RHS...timemarker fully to the right - dragging it moves you around within the first few minutes of the show. Numbers vary.

Anyone any ideas I can try? I tried converting to mpg in case TS was the problem, and downloading to the phone to remove DNLA from the equation - no joy either way. Ta!

Timeshift bars don't usually work with DLNA streams. There is no way for the client to know how long the stream will be.

I use Buzz player on my iPhone which has the added benefit of being able to download the programmes for offline viewing later. Not the clearest interface but it does everything I need.

Thanks af123 - good steer - I had tried Buzz player in the past, but had a problem getting it to see my Humax using DLNA for streaming (perhaps I had deleted it in the past?).

After your pointer I endeavored to get it working - deleting the Buzz player app and reinstalling it - the DLNA server is now showing...and the timeshift bar on that works well...solved!

Timeshift bars don't usually work with DLNA streams. There is no way for the client to know how long the stream will be.

I use Buzz player on my iPhone which has the added benefit of being able to download the programmes for offline viewing later. Not the clearest interface but it does everything I need.

Timeshift (scrubber) works fine on VLC on my laptop via both Windows and Ubuntu, I image there is an iOS version that would work equally well. This is the main reason I use VLC as not having a scrubber would be a complete nightmare - I rarely watch a complete film in one sitting, or even a complete shorter show for that matter.

Back