Playback

Mr J T Stuart

Anyone know if you can play back recordings from an external hard disc recorded from Humax Foxsat HDR.

Thanks in advance.
JTS

Black Hole,
They are recordings I made over a period of time so there are HD and SD. So the answer to your question is no.
Thanks for replying.

If all you want to do is copy existing recordings to a usb drive on a Foxsat and replay them from there it doesn't matter if the content is encrypted or not. The only point is encrypted content will only play back on the Foxsat that recorded the content. On a vanilla Foxsat HD is recorded encrypted SD is not. The other limitation is files larger than 4GB require the drive to be EXT3 formatted.

As this was posted in the HDR-1000S section, I presumed the OP wants to play back recordings made on a Foxsat through a HDR-1000S. Post 3 seems to indicate he is aware of the difference between HiDef and StDef, or at least that is how I interpreted it.

As this was posted in the HDR-1000S section, I presumed the OP wants to play back recordings made on a Foxsat through a HDR-1000S. Post 3 seems to indicate he is aware of the difference between HiDef and StDef, or at least that is how I interpreted it.

Encryption isn't the only issue in playing back HD files recorded on a Foxsat-hdr. If a HD recording file contains a MP2 Audio described track then that gets played in preference to the main ac3 audio track.

The CF has a package (convertfiles) to fix this on HD recordings made without encryption. After this they will play from usb or via a network.

Thank you all for your reply's. Yes as Black Hole says I do know the difference between Hi Def and SD. Graham I have CF installed on my HDR-FOX T2 freeview but not on my Foxsat HDR in fact did not know I could. I have a large amount of files for instance all the Wallander files transmitted on BBC 4 on a usb external disc so would not want to be unable to watch any of the programer's on this drive again.

Thank you all for your reply's. Yes as Black Hole says I do know the difference between Hi Def and SD. Graham I have CF installed on my HDR-FOX T2 freeview but not on my Foxsat HDR in fact did not know I could. I have a large amount of files for instance all the Wallander files transmitted on BBC 4 on a usb external disc so would not want to be unable to watch any of the programer's on this drive again.

The CF on the Foxsat-hdr is near identical to that on the HDR FOX T2. Unlike the HDR FOX T2 you can't decrypt existing HD content but there is a patch that means future HD recordings will not be encrypted. Install one of the DLNA server packages on the Foxsat you will be able to view it's SD recordings directly on the HDR FOX T2 and future HD ones with the patch and convertfiles package.

Back