Playerxtreme on ipad

socrates

Has anyone used this media player with the HDR? I installed it and upgraded to the pro version ( essential if you want to do anything ) and initially it looked good. It found the HDR and my NAS. It found the video folder and listed a number of files, though not all. But then when I try to play them nothing happens and it gives up.
The files listed are the TS ones but the icons seem to indicate a zero duration. Sizes are between 1 and 2 Gb which sounds about right. It seems to be just an issue with the HDR files - some sample MP4 files on the NAS play perfectly. The player is supposed to support HDR, my recordings include both HD and SD.

Any clues?

Well, TS is on the list of supported formats. The player is well reviewed and I'm pretty sure TS was mentioned by some reviewers. Also I can't see why only some recordings appear on its list.

If I can't make it work are there any good and simple alternatives? I got nowhere with VLC - it couldn't even find the hum my.

Well, TS is on the list of supported formats. The player is well reviewed and I'm pretty sure TS was mentioned by some reviewers. Also I can't see why only some recordings appear on its list.
My Sony TVs claim .TS support as well and indeed they see the recordings, but any attempt to play just results in a black screen and a counter resolutely stuck at 00:00 - useless crap which I gave up with.
If I can't make it work are there any good and simple alternatives? I got nowhere with VLC - it couldn't even find the hum my.
VLC is another bug-ridden pile of crap as well. I think I made it work exactly once with DLNA, despite many attempts, so I gave up.
It's not much better with .TS files.
In fact, even between Humax boxes, DLNA is crap, with no usable transport controls.

Encouraging prpr!

I thought I read somewhere that plex was no more BH. ??

I have got xbmc on my Mac and that streams ok so maybe I can get an iPad version of that.

I've read the posts linked above but I'm still baffled. I'm not very familiar with DLNA, streaming etc ( I didn't really need to say that did I ? )
I have a seagate Central nas on which I have a number of hummy recordings. All I want is to be able to play these ( and recordings on the Humax itself ) on the iPad air 2. If I have understood correctly both Plex and VLC seem to need a Mac or PC to stand between the iPad and the Humax - VLC wants a helper installed. This seems pointless as the iPad should now have enough power for the job. I haven't tried plex but VLC just scans endlessly and finds nothing. I really don't want to have to leave the Humax and a Mac running all the time.

The playerextreme app finds the HDR T2 Media Player and lists files, including those on the nas but won't play them. But that's more than VLC manages.

I notice that the Humax Webif appears to have a play function using VLC but when I click on play although the timer runs nothing plays. Same on Mac or iPad. Should this work?

I am using VLC for iOS version: 2.3.0 on my iPad Air, and this has no problems detecting, and playing decrypted HD content from my HDR-FOX T2 boxes via UPNP. I also use the "MediaConnect" and "FlexPlayer" iOS app combination, which also has no problems detecting, and playing decrypted HD content from my HDR-FOX T2 boxes.

I've just installed Buzzplayer HD and that appears to work. I still can't see all the files on the Humax or those on the nas directly ( can see them via the Humax ). Early days but progress!

Still no idea why so much hassle.

I'm not very familiar with DLNA, streaming etc
DLNA is a method for media servers to provide content to compatible media players without the user having to be familiar with it. It just works. See the DLNA and UPnP entries in the Glossary (click) for further explanation.

I notice that the Humax Webif appears to have a play function using VLC but when I click on play although the timer runs nothing plays. Same on Mac or iPad. Should this work?
This requires a compatible media player extension to be installed in your browser.

Back