Playing 9200T Files on the HDR-FOX T2

Chris Kessell

I've just bought a nice new Fox T2, but still have my old Humax 9200T hooked up so I can watch a load of old stuff I've got recorded. This is a bit untidy.

However, does anyone know if the T2 is capable of playing the 9200T's .ts format video files (without having to copy them to a PC and without doing any conversions)? My idea is to remove the HDD from the 9200T, put it into a cheap IDE-to-USB caddy, and plug it into the T2's USB port. Would it work?

The HDR-FOX-T2 requires the USB drive to be ext3, FAT or NTFS.
You will need to extract the 9200T files from its drive using something like humaxrw, reformat that drive to ext3, FAT or NTFS then copy the *.ts files back to the formatted drive.

I had the same problem. I copied over all the remaining TS files to my PC hard drive using Humax media controller GUI. Takes a while but you can leave it overnight. Once its on your PC you can stream it back to the hummy via DNLA.

Would I be right in thinking that programme titles will be lost? (I seem to remember the .TS files have generic names and the actual programme name information is stored elsewhere.)

The files in the hard disk /media/My Video directory have 'real' names, from the EPG plus a date stamp. The name will only change to something like 1234.ts when it is streamed using DLNA

Back