Playing HDR-FOX T2 files on Aura

I suspect one of the better options will be to connect it to an HDR Fox T2 running custom firmware...
I doubt it. The tools on the HDR-FOX automated by fixdisk are tuned specifically for the HDR-FOX HDD configuration and not necessarily as per the Aura. You would be confined to running the tools directly from the command line with suitable parameters, so you might as well do the same from a general purpose PC and benefit from faster processing.

I doubt it. The tools on the HDR-FOX automated by fixdisk are tuned specifically for the HDR-FOX HDD configuration and not necessarily as per the Aura. You would be confined to running the tools directly from the command line with suitable parameters, so you might as well do the same from a general purpose PC and benefit from faster processing.
But most people don't have access to a linux box. I don't, at home my only linux boxes are my Humaxes.

Most people are scared of installing software in case it breaks things.
But that's the point of a live distro!!!!!

In any case, "not being comfortable" is not the same as "not having". Being comfortable is a case of trying it – just as many were not comfortable trying the custom firmware, yet you say it's a smaller step to dismantle a HDR-FOX and connect an Aura HDD to it, then run CF to run HDD utilities on the command line??? I don't think so!

But that's the point of a live distro!!!!!

In any case, "not being comfortable" is not the same as "not having". Being comfortable is a case of trying it – just as many were not comfortable trying the custom firmware, yet you say it's a smaller step to dismantle a HDR-FOX and connect an Aura HDD to it, then run CF to run HDD utilities on the command line??? I don't think so!
I said nothing about dismantling an HDR Fox T2, I was assuming connecting the Aura HDD to it using a USB adaptor. I am aware that will be slow.

I was assuming connecting the Aura HDD to it using a USB adaptor. I am aware that will be slow.
With the Aura you can install a whole range of Android Tv apps and there appear to be file system repair tools available which would be the first thing I would investigate (NB I haven't seen any reports of anybody using them on an Aura).

It's a real shame I need to do this. The only reason we want to change to the Aura is that subtitle sync on the FOX, and also 1010s, is so flaky.
If you play the fox content streaming it on a smart/other player TV the subs are fine. You don't need another machine

If you play the fox content streaming it on a smart/other player TV the subs are fine. You don't need another machine
Interesting option, I'll bear that in mind if I ever need subtitles. My Sony TV can stream things fine from my HDR Fox T2 for example, but I've never seen any point in doing so.

Well, trying to get files across has exhausted the time I'm prepared to spend, and even if I'd succeeded I expect that getting SWMBO to use VLC to watch them would be ... unpopular?
So I've given up. The old box is connected to the TV as playback only, which is fine - I just need to tidy up the installation a bit, because it'll probably be there for a year or more.

Thanks for the help and ideas anyway. I have (re)learned some stuff. :)

Can somebody tell me with the Aura recorder is there a method of transfering HD/UHD recordings to PC like you can T2/1800T, etc

Can somebody tell me with the Aura recorder is there a method of transfering HD/UHD recordings to PC like you can T2/1800T, etc
No. The best you can do is export in reduced quality.

Exporting full HiDef from HDR-FOX/HDR-1800T/HDR-2000T has relied on exploiting loopholes which were closed on subsequent units.

Where would you get a UHD recording from???

Back