Playing the .TS files directly from the Humax via a PC

Any idea how I go about changing the DLNA IP address or is this set automatically? My network uses
fixed IPs. Also, is it necessary to have the VLC add-on installed in the browser? I don't know what
"the DLNA server" actually is. Thanks for any suggestions.

The DLNA address displayed by the Humax is automatically allocated using the IP that the Humax is using, it is not possible to change this, the VLC plugin for Firefox is here (Click for bigger image):-

VLC-Plug-in.jpg

If the Add-on isn't present, click on get add-ons and search for VLC

There was a time at which the IP address for DLNA didn't always get set correctly (I know, as I raised a query as to why I couldn't get decryption to work). I forget whether it was to do with using a wireless connection and also network IPs 10.0.0.x - but it did get fixed, and I haven't had any trouble since.

Later: found the thread - might help to get solution

david_n_c : Your DLNA IP address of 192.0.2.200 is following the IP address being used by your Humax as a whole, if this isn't the address you expected it may be that the Humax is has fallen back to an IP address range it uses when it can't get an IP address from your router, there are some notes on the Wiki HEREhttp://192.0.2.200:9000/web/media/449.TS

Hi, sorry to butt in but... Are we saying that even if one decrypts an HD recording, it is still not possible to stream that file via DLNA to a renderer (in my case a Samsung smart LED)? My SD recordings stream fine but my unencrypted HD ones (have green oval with "Dec" next to them) still won't stream. If this is true, is there any other method of getting them to play an another TV across the network?

It is possible to stream it if the renderer is able to understand how to decode the stream. From personal experience, decrypted (and unprotected) HD certainly works to the likes of VLC, XBMC on a PC as well as certain iPad Apps etc., but maybe your TV simply doesn't know how to handle the HD stream, which has a different codec to that used for SD. Many (older) TVs only support a limited range of playback codecs.

Back