Portal Connection Help Please

alistairdale

Hi,
This is my first post.
I've bought a Edimax EW-7711UMN on recommendation. I've tried to connect it to my home wifi without success. Is there any good information that can help me resolve this issue. I have checked software and it is the latest version, FHTCP 1.02.29. I've tried resetting my wifi connection which as not helped.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Care to enlighten us with the solution - for the record.

Finger trouble, as an answer, is ok (we all suffer from that) but anything to help other people with wifi problems is beneficial.

Martin

Hi,

After resetting my wifi connection numerous time and removing the dongle and trying all every usb port, password and settings more then a few. I found a small button on the back of dongle which when pressed caused the light to flash and connect and then continued the set up. It then configured the wifi quickly and seems to be working perfectly. I check the information leaflet and it not the information for the exact dongle I'm using, rather it's the information for the dongle that has an antenna and says nothing about a small button. Hope this helps.

That's the WPS button. It is for automatically transferring the WiFi credentials - never used it myself but I thought a similar button needed pressing on the router? The idea is that units can be paired easily, if you have physical access to both ends (not good for security if it only needs doing at the client end!).

It wouldn't work like that on the Humax, but perhaps the button press makes the dongle more co-operative somehow?

Back