Portal

Plisgyn

Is the Portal down today as it justs stays at Loading?
Web Interface 1.0.17-7
Custom Firmware 3.00 (Build 2137)
Humax Version 1.03.12 ( Kernel HDR_CFW_3.00)

Still not working as per 1900 1/11

Last edited:
Yep, the clues are all there in the words... if only I had looked properly
(I think that I just have it fixed in my mind as the remote scheduling portal; feeble excuse for senility!) :sleep:

Watching iPlayer at the moment. Have not tested YouTube etc. My software versions are the same as yours. I am using the standard (unmodified) portal. Try installing a custom firmware package - if this works your internet connection is OK.

Watching iPlayer at the moment. Have not tested YouTube etc. My software versions are the same as yours. I am using the standard (unmodified) portal. Try installing a custom firmware package - if this works your internet connection is OK.
I installed poweron-channel and undelete with no problem and other ideas would be appreciated.

It happens. Keep trying it.

Just an idea: on the hidden service menu there is an option to clear DRM data. Not sure, but it is possible it might clear a problem (if there is a problem specific to your Humax). See HERE (click).

Have you installed a custom portal in the past? Only 'new portal' will work with 1.03.xx firmware. Running the diagnostic 'remove_portals' will remove any custom ones. You could run this, then reboot and see if it makes a difference.

Good point.
I ran diagnostic remove_portals which said no portals have been found and tried Black Hole's option to clear DRM data but still the same result. The only change I noticed was that I accidentally pressed Humax Portal twice and a an extra small blue triangle appeared on the Loading Image.

There is normally a rotating blue triangle - do you mean there is another one, or this is the first time you've seen one?

There is normally a rotating blue triangle - do you mean there is another one, or this is the first time you've seen one?
What I get is the normal rotating sign with a black rectangle behind it, the rotating sign then disappears leaving the black rectangle with Loading displayed in it and an outline of a small square. If I press TV Portal again the outline of a small square changes to a small triangle with lines in it, I haven't seen this before.
I have proved my internet connection works perfectly o/k with a borrowed YouView Box.

I think what you are getting is a partial download from the Humax server which then gives up. I'm sure it's just a case of "keep trying".

I think what you are getting is a partial download from the Humax server which then gives up. I'm sure it's just a case of "keep trying".
While it was in this loading state I tried connecting into the box with web-if, the normal screen icons came up along with a message saying the the box had crashed. The crash.log just said Humax crashed at Mon Nov 3 21:46:19 UTC 2014 - Uptime: 3855 and on exiting TV Portal web-if then worked o/k

At this stage I would try reinstalling standard firmware and see if the portal starts working. If it does, you can then install the custom firmware again: your packages and settings will still be there.

At this stage I would try reinstalling standard firmware and see if the portal starts working. If it does, you can then install the custom firmware again: your packages and settings will still be there.
I was coming round to this idea myself as the next move but would I lose my recording schedule if I did that?

I have now re-installed the standard firmware and I now can get the Portal up but when I click on iplayer I get a message saying device is not recognised.
Will investigate further at the weekend.

Last edited:
I have now re-installed the standard firmware and I now can get the Portal up but when I click on iplayer I get a message saying device is not recognised.
Will investigate further at the weekend.
The reason that the above occurred was that I had downloaded the 1.02.32 firmware by mistake, on installing the correct version 1.03.12 I was back to the original problem. As get_iplayer works for me I am no longer bothering to spend any time trying to get the portal working.

Back