Portals; 'which version'?

Since the T&C allows them to legally collect any info they like through your humax box - they have access to everything you do with it - a listing of everything you plug into it and full access to any home network you connect to it - they already have your credit card number because they have the right to do what they like based on the t&c you already accepted. You will notice they also lay claim to be able to do what they
like with any information they gather. And you agreed to that. Anything they like. Think about it.

oh dear, very paranoid.. :rolleyes: :frantic:

• they have access to everything you do with it - Not quite, only what the logs are set up to capture.
  • a listing of everything you plug into it- For developers to see what people are plugging in to it..
  • full access to any home network you connect to it - This is just plain false
  • they already have your credit card number - Again false unless the Humax can rifle through my wallet when I'm not looking.

I was thinking of using the word paranoid in my comment, but I think that sometimes it feeds the problem, a bit like the American government covering up Roswell even though there was nothing to cover up, (this is not a knock at you Chris), however I do think that suggesting that an organisation / person is doing something because it is technically possible to do so, with no evidence at all is just silly. I must end there as I'm sure I saw those bushes across the road moving and this needs investigating :)

Utterly ludicrous. Humax are welcome to anything they manage to suck out of my HDR-FOX!

With regard to wider security, I figure my email traffic is buried in so much noise the that likelihood of "them" being interested in my discussions over the price of eggs is remote in the extreme. Just avoid using words that might sound automated alarms like "nuclear terrorism".

Oh thanks I just had that key word sent to my email address.... I expected you didnt get the talk by the ex CIA officer at university about industrial epsonage with his cans of phosgene and a spray pen, explaining he had to inform the police where he went. Those were the days. Personally I wouldn't have trusted him, he was a former station chief. Those were the days, but we also got a showing of xxxx on campus when the film got stuck in the gate. Xxxx = Growing Up... Think the projectionist was a bit distracted as the film burnt on screen.

Back