Possible to stop all recordings temporarily?

geordie

Got an unusual question here.

Is it possible to stop the Fox T2 HDR from recording?

I have a lot of stuff in my schedule which I do not delete because the long running tv series I record get repeated and often I get to see episodes that I missed. At the moment, I am re-recording a lot of stuff that I have already seen.

I don't want to mess on with my schedule by deleting entries from it if possible, I just want to stop the process that does the record and restart the process when I choose.

I want to stop all recordings not just those of a particular series. The only way I can think of, is to back up my schedule then delete everything from it. Then restore it when I want to start recording again. However, that is messing on with the schedule which I did not want to do.

I was wondering if there was something I could do through the terminal as I cannot see any option in the webif or the menu.

I was wondering if there was something I could do through the terminal as I cannot see any option in the webif or the menu.
Not exactly what you're looking for, but there's often more than one approach:
The easiest way to resolve conflicts is using the Visual tab on Remote Scheduling or the Schedule page - this gives you the option to to skip an episode or cancel the series recording or, if you click on an alternative showing time, to switch the episode or series to the alternative time.
For "conflict" read anything you might not want recorded at that time, which you can mark to be skipped.

As you're talking about custom firmware facilities, this is the wrong forum section (we'll move it).

Not exactly what you're looking for, but there's often more than one approach:

For "conflict" read anything you might not want recorded at that time, which you can mark to be skipped.

As you're talking about custom firmware facilities, this is the wrong forum section (we'll move it).

Is there a service or process which does the recording so disabling it stops the recording. Just curious.

There are other things you can do, such as the automated rationalisation of recordings after they've been recorded. I don't recall which package (seriesfiler maybe).

Does this achieve what you are trying to do:

Login to rs.hpkg.tv and click on the 'Visual' tab towards the upper top left which will then show you everything due to be recorded in the forthcoming week.

You can then click whichever programmes you do not want to record and press 'Skip This Episode'.

Login to rs.hpkg.tv and click on the 'Visual' tab towards the upper top left which will then show you everything due to be recorded in the forthcoming week.

You can then click whichever programmes you do not want to record and press 'Skip This Episode'.
That's what I said in post 3. "Skip this episode" is also available via WebIF >> Scheduled Events >> Visual Schedule.

Back