Post Edit Disappears Under On-Screen Keyboard in BBCode Mode - XF2/iOS11.1

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I didn't spot this during the preview, but posting a reply ended up with the post editing pane disappearing behind the on-screen keyboard, regardless of me dragging it to be visible beforehand. Can't see what I'm typing!

As nobody has replied to this, could you give any further information of steps required to cause this problem, is it repeatable?
Which device are you experiencing the problem with, and which version of iOS is it running?

What details do you want? It does what I described any time the topic is long enough. If you want to experience the problem yourself, you need to be using iOS.

As far as I can tell, the screen rendering is taking the dimensions of the full screen, but when typing on-screen the vertical height available is halved (the lower half - approx - being occupied by the pop-up keyboard). The consequence is that no matter what I do, as soon as I hit a key the screen slides down so that the text entry field is hidden by the keyboard and I'm typing blind. What more can I say???

Needless to say, the old forum worked fine. Somebody has buggered this up. Neither did I notice this on the preview - I'm sure I would have done!

Is nobody else seeing this with iOS then, or is nobody else using iOS?

Aha!

The described problem only happens in BBCode editing (when the rich text editor is turned off). That's why I didn't notice it on the preview.

What details do you want? It does what I described any time the topic is long enough. If you want to experience the problem yourself, you need to be using iOS.

As far as I can tell, the screen rendering is taking the dimensions of the full screen, but when typing on-screen the vertical height available is halved (the lower half - approx - being occupied by the pop-up keyboard). The consequence is that no matter what I do, as soon as I hit a key the screen slides down so that the text entry field is hidden by the keyboard and I'm typing blind. What more can I say???

Needless to say, the old forum worked fine. Somebody has buggered this up. Neither did I notice this on the preview - I'm sure I would have done!

Is nobody else seeing this with iOS then, or is nobody else using iOS?
I don’t seem to have this problem, I am replying with the rich text editor turned off.
I am using iOS 11.3 beta 6, and have tried on three different size iPads. It is also fine using iOS 11.3 beta 6 on an iPhone.

Weird. I think I'm on 11.2.

I'm OK now I've worked out that it goes away in rich text editing, but nonetheless it seems like a bug to me (and you can't rely on a user having a specific version of iOS).

Update: 11.1 on a 9.7" iPad Pro.

Last edited:
This remains consistent for me. It would be good to figure out why our mileage is different (iOS version notwithstanding).

Topic title updated.

Back