Power-off or Standby after loading CFW?

catnap

After a number of problems with one of my HDR-FOX T2 boxes I carried out a factory reset today and this seems to have put things right. I then reloaded CFW 1.03.12 mod 3.13. After the firmware had downloaded and programming had completed I removed the USB stick and pressed Standby on the remote as per the onscreen instruction, but the box did not respond. In fact it wouldn't respond to any remote commands. I switched off the power, turned the unit back on and saw that the CFW had loaded. I repeated this twice more out of curiosity with the same results. I can't recall what happened when I loaded CFW on previous occasions. I see that Black Hole"s Quick Start instruction guide refers to rebooting after loading. Is this just an oddity (in which case I don't think it worth pursuing as I am up and running ok) or are the onscreen instructions misleading?

I don't recall having the problem you describe, but I do it so rarely! As it happens, I have the beta 3.14 to try...

This text file was bundled with the HDR-FOX_T2_1_03_12.zip file and I follow the instructions on each FW update (obviously ignoring the redundant info):
Humax HDR-FOX T2 Software Details & Release Notes

Application version: FHTCP1.03.12
Loader version: a7.3x
Micom version: 9.3
System id: 80BC.7E00
Update Date: 07 FEB 2014 (as will appear in the System Information menu)

Release Notes:

• Portal upgrade
  • iPlayer Version 3 (supports subtitles)
  • Supports BBC News & Sports Apps (to be released March 2014)
  • Resolved recordings failures (using Padding) when in standby for over 8 days
  • Resolved BBC Three and Four HD recording issues
  • Improved WiFi connection issues causing reboot
  • Improved errors during EPG FIND results

Update Instructions

• Power OFF the product using the rear ON/OFF switch
  • Download the software and save on a USB Pen*
  • Make sure the filename is hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf
  • Insert the USB Pen to the front or rear USB port on the product
  • Power ON the product using the rear ON/OFF switch
  • The download should start and the download progress should appear on the TV set; allow 5 minutes for the update to complete.
  • When the update is complete End will appear on the front display, "Download Successful will appear on the TV.
  • Remove USB Pen and press standby

Warning: During the update process DO NOT power off the product.

Note: USB Pen must be formatted in FAT32
The software must be on the root directory of the USB Pen (i.e. not saved in a folder)
If the update does not start then please make sure the filename is correct (hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf)
The file you download will already have the ".hdf" extension, there is no need to add the ".hdf" extension; your Windows explorer options maybe hidding filename extensions.
Not all USB Pens will be recognised, try a different USB Pen.
and for good measure, once standby brings it back, I do another power off/on with the switch at the back.
Always worked for me...

Thanks that text file is comprehensive. I confess I didn't read it. I didn't know it was there. I'm not even sure how to access it on a Mac - it didn't automatically appear when I unzipped the file. I wrongly assumed the onscreen instruction to press Standby referred to the Remote Control, but now see that the fuller instruction at the Support Download Centre states (including the bold highlight):
"8. To complete the download:
a. Remove the USB memory stick
b. Power on the product pressing the Standby button on the front of the unit."

I suspect that either pressing that button or powering off achieves the same end. Ideally the onscreen message would be as specific, but then again it seems that only I have had the problem. I'll know next time.

Oh no it's not.:D So don't get that smug unique smirk on your face about it. :roflmao:
You are not the only one who doesn't (cant see) ReadMe.txt files. :eek:
Most ReadMe are not worth reading so it is easy to miss the ones that are worth while! :)

100% agree MM. Mostly full of tech stuff that's impossible to understand, or state the bleeding obvious to a three year old.

Back