Power off / standby HDR from webif or rs

SimpleSim

Thanks to the many contributors I am now starting to enjoy my enhanced Humax HDR with webif, auto unprotect and rs packages installed so far :D

I am starting to use it to stream content (at the moment using VLC on a laptop connected via HDMI to a tv). Is it possible to switch the hummy to standby / power off remotely (from either webif or rs) - then I wouldn’t even need to get out of bed!? Especially after watching Whitechapel - I just want to stay under the covers!

Personally I don't bother, mine sits there until morning when I may or may not get around to turning it off!

There are possibilities for a remote shutdown (not a remote start-up), but I don't think anything's been done about it yet (probably a WebIF button). If you are sure you always want it off at, say, 1am, you could set the power on/off timer to do its EPG update at 00.30-01.00, at which point it would turn off whether it was on before or not.

Thanks Black Hole - my concern was for the poor disk writes while it needlessly keeps 2 hours worth of program available (but it's not a feature I want to turn off). As suggested I could move my EPG update earlier to reduce the length of time it was on when I don't want it on - good idea.

Is a remote shutdown currently possible via telnet if not (yet?) available via WebIF?

I really must make an effort to get closer to the underlying programming environment but I am more used to 4th generation programming languages (specifically ABAP) - I am worried that my brain might not cope :confused:

It's a work in progress which will be making an appearance in the web interface soon. I have most of the bits needed although some of the normal shutdown routines such as setting wake-up timers will be bypassed as a result so it will need some fairly rigorous testing.

Thanks Black Hole - my concern was for the poor disk writes while it needlessly keeps 2 hours worth of program available

If you tune to a programme that isn't broadcasting, such as CITV after 6pm, then it doesn't maintain the 2 hour buffer. If you're just going to stream pre-recorded content somewhere then that's one option.

Thanks af123 :D, sounds scary when you dig deeper into whats involved.

I had thought of tuning into something like CITV but guessed it would just cache two hours of 'see you back at 6am' instead so thanks (again) for the heads up!

I had thought of tuning into something like CITV but guessed it would just cache two hours of 'see you back at 6am' instead so thanks (again) for the heads up!

I haven't tried this and I'm away from home this week, but you can probably prove this by trying to pause the channel..

Right again af123! Going onto CITV at 8pm and there was no pause or rewind available so no disk activity :) . Some good appropriate work arounds from af123 and Black Hole until the webif development is available - Thanks again

Apologies for necro-bumping but I had exactly the same query as the OP.

Has there been any movement on a remote shutdown option for Webif? If not does anyone know how the HDR puts itself into standby? I've had a fruitless nose around the filesystem via telnet but I'm guessing it's more than just a 'halt' or a 'poweroff'.

Many thanks for the custom firmware and Webif - wonderful!

Now we have the ir package, it's easy. Use the power button on the WebIF virtual remote control.

Back