Power On by Remote

I think I know why I don't see this (SWMBO still maintains it happens to her "all the time").
I always press PVR before pressing the power button. I postulate that the extra IR signal sent when pressing the PVR button warms up the HD somehow.

This would fit, particularly with a 3-digit remote (the 4-digit remote does not transmit when a mode button is pressed). I have observed (occasionally, when I happen to look) that the display starts flickering and then needs an extra kick to get started.

Only just bumped into this thread and don't know whether it's relevent or not, but my Foxsat HDR frequently needs two presses of the RC on button. This usually happens at the first switch on after the housekeeping reboot. I use the original RC.

My box responds to the first press if I hold the remote vertically instead of the normal horizontal position.

Edit. That wasn't explained very well! I don't mean pointing at the ceiling.
I have tested this hypothesis and find it doesn't work, and logically there is no reason it should. If the orientation made any difference it would also make a difference when performing normal RC operations.

I have tried a series of tests with neutral density filters to reduce overall power and then polarising filters at different angles, to try out this 90 degree theory with the following results - Zilch i.e. no difference in sensitivity with rotation of filters or remote

Back