Power on channel changed

digitl

I've done nothing to change the power on channel but, for the last few days, the box has turned on tuned to the Red Button channel.

I've logged into the box and reset it to 107 but it's still tuning on on Red Button. Disable OTA is set for 04:20 - 04:40 and the only oddity is that the 'delete' notification still shows several minutes after it should have finished.

Anyone got any thoughts on a solution?

Your Humax may not be going into standby properly, is the '* Deleting' message permanently displayed? if so, you will need to go into maintenance mode >> Fix-Disk >>
Are you having problems with a delete loop = Y, link in Wi-Ki HERE

There is more info. on your Humax not going into standby properly, but instead entering a 'half-Awake' state HERE

Last edited:
Thanks for the response.

I've run Fix-Disk and answered Yes to delete loop problems but it's still booting into Red Button.

I have a [ModSettings] folder that does I don't know what! Could that be implicated? How do I get rid of it?

The existence of a [ModSettings] folder means you have (or have previously) installed network-shares-automount. It contains the configuration for your network shares.

Have you checked for the delinquent half-awake state mentioned in post 2? More info in Things Every... (click) section 18.

Checked for the delinquent and I can't see that that's the problem.

Can I simply delete the [ModSettings] folder? I think it's something I tried/installed and then deleted some time back...?

If you don't have network-shares-automount installed any more, then [ModSettings] is redundant. That won't be your problem though. So you are sure the HDD clicks off in standby? Try running the fix-flash-packages diagnostic.

If you don't have network-shares-automount installed any more, then [ModSettings] is redundant. That won't be your problem though. So you are sure the HDD clicks off in standby? Try running the fix-flash-packages diagnostic.

The HDD did click off in standby. I haven't run 'fix-flash-packages', but I seem to have fixed the problem by uninstalling the 'poweron-channel' package, rebooting, and then re-installing poc. The box now boots up correctly.

Thanks for the help.

Back