Power On ?

MickJack

Sorry all cannot work this out myself, had 'power on' package and set to BBC1 hd, no problems for years, now seems to have disappeared with the upgrades. Now we mostly turn on to BBC redbutton....

No big deal but how do I get switch on/boot and have BBC1 hd the default, is this even possible ?

Install the new boot-settings package. Select which parameters you wish to be set at start-up (e.g. Channel) in Webif>settings, set them to your preferred value and save configuration.

Many thanks MontysEvilTwin

af123, I had to retune and power on was not available in packages (installed or available) or settings, in fact it took me a while to work out what I was missing.

Now we mostly turn on to BBC redbutton....
As an aside to the above, the reason (without power-on-channel or boot-settings) you find it tuned to 200 is because of the anti-OTA schedule entry inserted by the disable-ota package (see WebIF >> Settings >> Settings for disable-ota package).

If you turn on RTS (WebIF >> Settings >> Advanced Settings >> Real-time scheduling? = YES), it is no longer necessary to cover the OTA search period with a reminder schedule, and you can turn it off (WebIF >> Settings >> Settings for disable-ota package >> Create reminder to cover OTA period? = NO, and remove the relevant schedule entry).

Without that, the Humax will boot to the last used channel (unless you use PoC or boot-settings to default it to something else).

Thanks Black Hole, followed both the above - I hate retunes, means I have to set the network up again etc.

Thanks again all.

Why did you have to retune and what's it got to do with setting the network up?

I think he's talking about factory resets. Factory resets cause a retune to be required and the network configuring (unless DHCP is adequate), but a retune in itself doesn't cause the network to be set up again and anyway, with tunefix and auto-schedule-restore, retunes are painless.

Note that disable-ota protects against firmware updates (which also don't affect the non-custom configuration), not retunes - that's disable-dso (which also benefits from RTS). Please see Preventing External Events from Disturbing the CF (click).

hi prpr, I found the disable-ota package did not always disable and some times I would switch on and be asked to auto retune,
what do I know, after the retune I have to enter the network settings, provider and password etc, then I need to setup the software remote
on a static address or my lappy won't find it.............. when it's working it's wonderful.

I had a period where the humax remote would not work and the software remote was a godsend, even the replacement remote humax sent
would not work, either they both did or both did not, for a long while now both have worked faultlessly - who knows.
A real pain if I had a retune alert and the remote was playing up........ but not for a long time, remotes now good.

Edit: just seen your post Black Hole, yes = must be factory resets, thanks again all.

some times I would switch on and be asked to auto retune
That's nothing to do with an OTA or a DSO event. We don't know what causes sporadic random return-to-factory-default events or how to prevent them, but you seem to suffer from them more than most.

Back