"Previous Channel" button possible?

RatAtAt

Would it be possible to make the 'Back' button be a 'Previous Channel' button when watching a program? At present it seems to do nothing in that circumstance. Just a thought from a newbie :)

It already does that as long as the "iPlate" is on screen at the time. If it is not, just press "i" before pressing "Back".

Further to the above, not unless Humax changes the functionality (we are all annoyed it doesn't just "back" regardless). There's nothing we can do about it in the custom firmware.

Does Humax have any Feedback mechanism for suggestions such as the back button and do they make any changes as a result?

It's way past too late for humax to pay any attention.
You can try, but don't hold out any hope, contacting them by phone or email or asking Barry at myhumax.org forums as he has a close relationship with them.

I put my suggestions to them over a year and a half ago, but nothing came of it.
Even a simple request such as wording in the OSD is too much work apparently.
If we had a way to modify the actual humax executable, we would put them to shame.

It's way past too late for humax to pay any attention.

Presumably that refers to current/past products, but they should wish to hear suggestions for future products? (e.g. one thing I struggled with before buying a HDR-Fox T2, was the fact that it has no UHF modulator - I have solved this omission using an old VHS recorder's SCART to get an analogue UHF distribution around the house).

one thing I struggled with before buying a HDR-Fox T2, was the fact that it has no UHF modulator - I have solved this omission using an old VHS recorder's SCART to get an analogue UHF distribution around the house).

Was there another PVR on your possibles list which did offer a modulated output? I doubt it. My analogue PVR of (maybe) 10 years ago didn't have UHF output, and I used the same solution (still do).

Of course! - Obvious! - How could I have missed that?

Many of us did! (I presume there was a degree of sarcasm in your remark)

The "Back button returns to previously viewed channel (when i-plate is on screen)" feature was not present on the earliest firmware versions, but was added with version 1.02.07 back in Feb 2011.

Was there another PVR on your possibles list which did offer a modulated output? I doubt it. My analogue PVR of (maybe) 10 years ago didn't have UHF output, and I used the same solution (still do).

My old Humax Freeview PVR-9200T had an RF modulator, but it developed a fault (and was not HD)

Anyway, I used to have a little gizmo that did SCART Loopthrough plus RF loopthrough, with a tuneable SCART-to-RF modulator, but unfortunatly that has died :-( So I just switch my old Panasonic VCR on/off via my Panasonic TV remote when I need to continue watching in the kitchen whilst making coffee or whatever.

Regarding your other comment - "sarcasm"? - How dare you!

Back