Problem after Mendip Transmitter work on Wednesday

bobglover

Hi
My first post , I hope someone can help
On Wednesday evening , I performed a factory reset , with automatic tune , on my HDr Fox T2.
Following this , I got an on-screen message asking me to re-tune , either now or later , to receive all the available channels - and I thought I'd just done this!I've found that this message appears at start up , when changing channels and when coming out of a recording by pressing stop.I can just about live with this at the moment , although it's a pain to keep having to respond to this same message.
As I understand , this is a known issue , and that a re-tune will commence after a few minutes in any case if the user does not respond.Does anyone know how to fix this?I'm hoping to set up my father tomorrow with this same model , but I wouldn't want to leave him with the same
problem.
I bought the machine last October , and I've been very pleased with it so far.It uses software version FHCTP 1.02.28.

Thanks.

The easiest way to resolve this is to select now, and let the box perform a retune, it should not bother you again.:)

As Brian has said, you have to say 'Now', If you say later and then perform your own re-tune the Humax will still display the message because it is not aware that your re-tune has taken place, so 'Now' is the only route to removing the message unless you install the Custom Firmware

Thank everyone
I selected 'Now' , and after the re-tune I had ITV1,Channel 4,Channel 5,ITV2,Channel4+1,More4 and ITV1+1 appearing as numbers 800 onwards on the
EPG.A second attempt solved the problem(the re-tune message no longer appears) , so now I'm happy!
Most grateful for the help.

As reported in #4, 1.02.32 is supposed to have improvements in the selection of channels during a re-tune, making channels in the 800's less likely to happen

Thank everyone
I selected 'Now' , and after the re-tune I had ITV1,Channel 4,Channel 5,ITV2,Channel4+1,More4 and ITV1+1 appearing as numbers 800 onwards on the
EPG.A second attempt solved the problem(the re-tune message no longer appears) , so now I'm happy!
Most grateful for the help.

If you're in danger of picking up duplicates from multiple transmitters, the only safe way of proceeding is to tune manually, specifying the UHF channel (or frequency) of each of the muxes on your transmitter of choice. Before doing that, you need to delete all the existing stored channels by doing an auto tune with the aerial unplugged.

WT

If you're in danger of picking up duplicates from multiple transmitters, the only safe way of proceeding is to tune manually, specifying the UHF channel (or frequency) of each of the muxes on your transmitter of choice. Before doing that, you need to delete all the existing stored channels by doing an auto tune with the aerial unplugged.
You don't need to unplug the aerial, just start the auto-tune and stop it straight away, then save.

Without updating your software, a manual tune to the MUXs of your best transmitter is your only option to avoid 800 channels.

Whilst Watt Tyler's advice is a solution you can also do a factory reset (previously recorded programmes are retained) and then immediately stop automatic search and carry out the manual tuning. for that you will need the Frequency Channel Numbers of your best transmitter - see: http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe?.

On the other hand, if you do not have an recording problems just delete the 800 channels. [800 channels across different TV regions create recording problems.]

Martin

Without updating your software, a manual tune to the MUXs of your best transmitter is your only option to avoid 800 channels.

Whilst Watt Tyler's advice is a solution you can also do a factory reset (previously recorded programmes are retained) and then immediately stop automatic search and carry out the manual tuning. for that you will need the Frequency Channel Numbers of your best transmitter - see: http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe?.

On the other hand, if you do not have an recording problems just delete the 800 channels. [800 channels across different TV regions create recording problems.]

Martin

Unless you're very quick, there's still a danger that it might find some unwanted channels beofre you stop it, if you're within range of any muxes on low UHF frequencies. that's why it's marginally safer to uplug the aerial.

Also, it might put your channels of choice in the 800's - with gash duplicates in the low numbers. I know that Humax try to make it as idiot-proof as possible, but I still prefer manual intervention to force my will on it!

WT

I've deleted the duplicate channels.I had the same problem with my old Humax 9150 , but I didn't get the option to chose between the two transmitters , and I couldn't get the West channels into the right positions , no matter how many times I re-tuned.I ended up deleting the Welsh channels from the positions where the West Channesl should have been.

Back