Problem connecting to new tv

Hi Redbullmaster, no, sadly I didn't resolve the issue.
I didn't try Luke's suggestion as I didn't want to risk 'bricking it', as they reach a decent price on eBay. The multiple-source multiple-output HDMI matrix switch which Black Hole mentioned may well work, but given the cost of them and the possibility that it wouldn't cure the issue, I decided to bite the bullet and just purchase a new Humax HDR 1800T which does work with the TV (checked in the shop before buying!). It's very similar to the old T2, with the absence of the full display at the front and just one usb socket at the rear. One slightly annoying issue is that when the Hummy is in standby but starts recording, the TV screen comes up with a "no signal" message for a few seconds; to get round this I have just put the 1800T on timer power up/down each evening to avoid missing any live TV I may be watching.
Hope this might help a little, but sorry I can't give you a definitive solution.
Many thanks to all who contributed with suggestions previously.

Did you ever sole this issue as I have the same one, with a Panasonic TV.
The most likely way to solve the problem is to try different loaders which is simply a matter of downloading them from:

http://hpkg.tv/rpc/cfwget.html?file=loader.a730.hdf
http://hpkg.tv/rpc/cfwget.html?file=loader.a731.hdf
http://hpkg.tv/rpc/cfwget.html?file=loader.a733.hdf
http://hpkg.tv/rpc/cfwget.html?file=loader.a734.hdf

then one by one rename the file to HDR_FOX_T2_upgrade.hdf copy to a USB memory stick, put the Humax into standby, wait until the hard drive stops spinning, plug in the USB memory stick and it will update the loader fairly quickly (much faster than a standard firmware update). Then remove the Memory stick and try restarting the Humax and see if things are any better. I have recently tried all the available loaders in an effort to resolve a different problem. The only real risk of bricking the box is if there is a power cut during the loading process. I have updated the loader on various Humax boxes hundreds of times and not had a problem.

Hi Redbullmaster, no, sadly I didn't resolve the issue.
I didn't try Luke's suggestion as I didn't want to risk 'bricking it', as they reach a decent price on eBay. The multiple-source multiple-output HDMI matrix switch which Black Hole mentioned may well work, but given the cost of them and the possibility that it wouldn't cure the issue, I decided to bite the bullet and just purchase a new Humax HDR 1800T which does work with the TV (checked in the shop before buying!). It's very similar to the old T2, with the absence of the full display at the front and just one usb socket at the rear. One slightly annoying issue is that when the Hummy is in standby but starts recording, the TV screen comes up with a "no signal" message for a few seconds; to get round this I have just put the 1800T on timer power up/down each evening to avoid missing any live TV I may be watching.
Hope this might help a little, but sorry I can't give you a definitive solution.
Many thanks to all who contributed with suggestions previously.

Thanks for the update, I'm trying to track down a cheap matrix, I can get one on eBay from china for £18.
But delivery is quoted up to mid march, plus I'm not sure it will work.
My TV is a Panasonic VT50 plasma, so don't know if anyone's else got one to work on that particular model.

Worst case I put it back on eBay and list the issue, so if someone else buy's it, they know it may not work.

Hi DAsh. Worked fine with my old Panasonic (12 yrs old), but not with my TX 40EX700B.Hope you have a compatible model!

Phew !! My 'new' HDR-FOX works ok with my 5 year old Panasonic LCD. I get the green screen for around 1sec, but then all ok

Hi Redbullmaster. Any chance of a link to the HDMI switch you bought off eBay? I had one which didn't work, but as I haven't put my HDR-Fox up for sale yet (much preferred it to my 1800T) might give this a go if you would share this info or let me know the seller's name. Thanks and glad to hear that you're sorted.

No probs,

2 In 2 Out HDMI 1080P Matrix 2x2 Splitter Switcher IR Remote Hub 1080P HD 1.4b
sold by ukwarehouse-2015

Takes awhile for delivery as its from china, but look for matrix boxes in the uk.
Only problem is they about £30, so depends if you want to wait or pay extra and get one now.

Back