Problem installing custom firmware on a hdr-fox t2

David Howarth

Problem installing custom firmware on a fox t2 hdr.

I seem to have 2 problems not sure if they are related.
1. when i switch on using the hand-set it re-boots after about 15-20 secs then is fine?
2. ive installed custom firmware but get stuck, according to my pc it is insalled but i cannot get it to complete the second part, i get this error message " Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.

Error retrieving package list from the Internet. Please check your connection
and try again.
I cannot access the media portal, but the network settings say it is connected ?

so im stuck i cannot uninstall or install the custom firmware. ive done a factory reset and retune.

can you please advise how to remove or fix please.

Dave Howarth

Help please
ive installed custom firmware. Got the end on front panel and my pc picks it up with its network address but i cannot complete the down load to complete the install or desktop panel. Ive no network conflict.

I get this message when i try to continue "Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.

Error retrieving package list from the Internet. Please check your connection
and try again."
So Im stuck i cannot remove the custom firmware or complete the install.

Anyone any ideas

Dave Howarth

1. when i switch on using the hand-set it re-boots after about 15-20 secs then is fine?
I have heard of this happening, but I can't remember why. I'm sure somebody will be along with an answer.

I cannot access the media portal, but the network settings say it is connected ?
The connected status only says it is reaching your home network, not necessarily the external Internet. If you can't access the TV Portal you need to solve that problem before trying to complete the second stage of Custom Firmware installation.

Thanks
But how can I find out why it cannot get to the internet. What or How do I test. It runs through a switch to the modem, everything else works, tried 3 different cables. Ive no idea what to do next.

Dave

But how can I find out why it cannot get to the internet. What or How do I test. It runs through a switch to the modem, everything else works, tried 3 different cables. Ive no idea what to do next.
A good start would be to tell us what the various parameters are:

On the HDR-FOX, bring up the Internet Settings page Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting and report everything it says.

Presuming you are reading this forum on a Windows machine on the same home network as the Humax, bring up the run command box and type "ipconfig", and report everything it says.

Thanks all sorted
Well partly ran a network cable from fox to modem and it picked it up and completed the install. Tried again through the switch no joy but the pc off the same switch is fine????? Anyhow when i ran the network into this room i had 2 lines put in to the wall box straight from the modem so the fox now uses the "spare" for its self.

But when i start with the hand set again it reboots after 20 -30 sec then seems stable. With the custom firmware now installed ill try to see whats causing the problem

Dave

Back