Problem recording BBC 10pm news

Sam Maddrell

Hello everyone. Please can someone help me with a problem I am having with my PVR? It intermittently fails while recording the BBC 10pm news on channel 101. It will record the first few minutes and then stop. After that it will show that it has no signal. However, once I pull the power cable out and plug it back it again, it seems to work fine. I haven't noticed a problem with any other programme. Please can someone suggest what I can do to work out what the matter is? Thanks for your time.

I suggest you start with a system reset, it seems to cure a variety of ills. Be aware that you will need to retune afterwards, and restore all your user options and recording schedule (existing recordings will not be affected).

Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Factory Default

Hello everyone. Please can someone help me with a problem I am having with my PVR? It intermittently fails while recording the BBC 10pm news on channel 101. It will record the first few minutes and then stop.
That is really odd. What software version is the box using? What is the signal strength and quality at the start of the recording and after the problem?

Thanks for your help. My software version is FHTCP 1.02.28. I managed to watch the BBC 10pm news fine this evening, but I noticed that there was no signal on live TV (by which time it was about 11pm). The signal strength was 58% and the quality was 10%. I then unplugged the unit and plugged it back in again. Once it had rebooted, the signal strength was still 58%, but the quality was 100%.

I managed to watch the BBC 10pm news fine this evening, but I noticed that there was no signal on live TV (by which time it was about 11pm). The signal strength was 58% and the quality was 10%. I then unplugged the unit and plugged it back in again. Once it had rebooted, the signal strength was still 58%, but the quality was 100%.
So you have a decent signal strength but poor quality. Most likely cause is a source of interference, Also I would check the aerial cabling as water ingress or poorly made joints can cause problems on particular multiplexes.

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried unplugging the aerial cable and reconnecting it and now the box seems to be working. Thanks for your help.

Back