problem with AD

helpoort

I am new to this forum, kindly given to me by a Shop owner.
Purchased Humax 5000T - 500 GB. 20.10.18.
Did not install until 24.2.19.
Have a MAJOR problem, and unable to find a solution.
Appreciate any help.
When broadcasts are paused and then played again after about 15 to 20 minutes,
I get Continuous AD until the point of 'live Broadcast' is reached, then it ceases.
Does NOT happen with all broadcasts.
One film may do it another may-not.
BBC on 231 never does it.
Tennis has AD.
Snooker especially was infuriating
Some sporting broadcasts have the commentators with the addition of AD
Have done a Factory Reset as advised by Humax. No change,still persists
Settings have AD off and SubTitles off.
Thanks for any help you can give in this regard.Have another Humax no internet connection does not have this problem.
Helpoort

Yeap. I've reported this myself several times on this forum "pause TV does not work" and "my 2 cents" it's never been acknowledged and always challenged. Pause TV simply does not work because as you have discovered, when the live broadcast ends you are unceremoniously dumped out of the chase recording to see the end credits and never get to see the end. After falling foul of this about 20 time s I just record everything. If you just press record instead of pause and watch from the record menu you get to see the end

I am new to this forum, kindly given to me by a Shop owner.
Purchased Humax 5000T - 500 GB. 20.10.18.
Did not install until 24.2.19.
Have a MAJOR problem, and unable to find a solution.
Appreciate any help.
When broadcasts are paused and then played again after about 15 to 20 minutes,
I get Continuous AD until the point of 'live Broadcast' is reached, then it ceases.
Does NOT happen with all broadcasts.
One film may do it another may-not.
BBC on 231 never does it.
Tennis has AD.
Snooker especially was infuriating
Some sporting broadcasts have the commentators with the addition of AD
Have done a Factory Reset as advised by Humax. No change,still persists
Settings have AD off and SubTitles off.
Thanks for any help you can give in this regard.Have another Humax no internet connection does not have this problem.
Helpoort

Advised Humax will pick up and replace 12th June.
Here is hoping that is end of the matter.
Just as a matter of interest is the problem a software Glitch, anyone any idea.
(repeat, my two other Humaxs do not have this problem)
Have told Humax would accept a replacement without being able to connect to internet.

Your post is rather vague:

my two other Humaxs do not have this problem
Are we to assume you mean two more FVP-5000Ts? If not, you cannot compare their performance.

I do not see how replacing like-for-like will solve the problem, unless that one particular unit has some kind of weird fault which causes it to behave inconsistently. It seems far more likely that you are experiencing a systematic problem, which will manifest in exactly the same way (under the same conditions).

Have told Humax would accept a replacement without being able to connect to internet.
I can't get the sense of this sentence, even if I put in a couple of missing definite articles.

How about something like this?
"I have told Humax that I would accept a replacement without it being able to connect to the internet".
But that doesn't sound like a sensible thing to do, or that Humax would oblige by supplying a box that is not fully working.

Yeah, a few pronouns and conjunctions would help understanding.

Last edited:
But that doesn't sound like a sensible thing to do
No it doesn't, which is why I cannot even guess at the intention.

One might choose not to connect it to the Internet, hence avoiding any firmware updates, but that does not make it unable to connect. It would also then be a lottery which version of firmware had been factory-installed (is there a manual firmware download and update mechanism for the FVP-5000T?).

Last edited:
Advised Humax will pick up and replace 12th June.
Just as a matter of interest is the problem a software Glitch, anyone any idea.
(repeat, my two other Humaxs do not have this problem)

Unless the box in question is running an old software version because it isn't Internet connected.
Surprised at the reaction for a new poster. Afraid I apologise for NOT being precise in my post.
Regarding the two other Humaxs, they are not FVP5000T, they do NOT have an internet/wiffi connection.
A neighbour has two non FVP 5000t, and never has this problem.
Repeat, have advised Humax that a replacement could be of a NON Wf FI type , and that would be acceptable to me
The main reason for buying the FVP 5000t was the ability to record a greater number of broadcasts simultaneously.
Have learnt a lesson, and that I must be PRECISE in any future Posts on Hummy
Thank you for your attention.
helpoort

There, that's better. All the info in one hit.
Have learnt a lesson, and that I must be PRECISE in any future Posts on Hummy
If you are not 'precise' then it makes it a lot more difficult to ascertain exactly what your problem is, and that is true of any forum in which you ask for help. Sometimes it is like getting blood out of a stone trying to elicit fault symptoms from someone who wants help.
Bear in mind that you know exactly what you mean, so make it easy for others as well.:)

Thanks for that, my EXCUSE, maybe age related ----- 'into eighties'.
Will enjoy reading other posts on Hummy in the future.
best wishes
helpoort.

Unit was replaced by Humax.
Installed on 14th June 2019.
The problem of Audio Description still persists.
This problem is not experienced on every TV channel.
Has anyone experienced this same problem and is there a known solution.
Other this this problem, I am satisfied with the Humax.
But In the event of the need of a replacement can another Make/Model be recommended.

The problem of Audio Description still persists.
This problem is not experienced on every TV channel.
Has anyone experienced this same problem and is there a known solution.
It is a really odd problem. I don't recollect anyone else reporting a problem with Audio Description. Can you list a few of the channels where it happens please?

E4
BBC 2
BBC 1
USA 21
ITV 4
AD visible on all the above channels.
BUT BBC2 Channel is intermittent.
I have not tried more than the above.

Back