problem with AD

Well, if you choose not to explain the contradiction of seeing an audio description - goodbye to you too.

This is now ended.
Inane questions of NO use .
Goodbye
I am sorry you feel my question was inane; it was a genuine attempt to make sure we understood the problem. Spurious subtitles are something I see a lot but they can be turned off with three presses of the "SUB" button on the remote.

Do you THINK Humax have not suggested this.
Read ALL posts from the beginning before making comments.
I shall repeat: Audio Description is OFF
Sub Titles are OFF
happy now??????

What an angry person you appear to be. How the hell do we know what Humax has suggested? The only thing you have said about them is the had you reset the box.
People here are trying to understand your problem and help you resolve it (if indeed it is solvable and not a feature of the box). This has not been helped by the fact that you stated " AD visible" which led people to think that you might just be talking about subtitles that you can see (when they are on). Some people do frequently get confused by terminology especially when reduced to TLAs.

Stop being so rude to and dismissive of people that are trying to help you.
And don't tell us how to read and reply to a question in a forum. If you get what appear to you to be 'inane' questions, just answer them as the person who asked them is usually trying to HELP YOU not just asking them for fun.

Do you THINK Humax have not suggested this.
Read ALL posts from the beginning before making comments.
I shall repeat: Audio Description is OFF
I am sorry if I am very dense but can you clarify what problem you are experiencing: are you seeing subtitles or are you hearing the audio description track (or both or something else)?

Round
Like a circle in a spiral
Like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending nor beginning...........

Think this a confusion by the OP

AD - Audio description transmits a seperate audio from the main audio which replaces the normal audio with a description of the what;s happening on screen. Basically for the visually impaired. Basically turned on/off by a remote control; button labellwd AD ( might not availablle on catch up services by some broadcasters)

Sub - Subtitles - Turns on a on screen summary of the dialogue so that audio impaired viewers can follow the programme, Normally turned on by a remote button. logically labelled SUB.

Best to record any programmes you want to watch as sadly support for both AD and SUB is patchy aaccording to channel. Use the series recordiin capability to record content for anyonre whp needs AD or SUB

I think that you might be lining yourself up for a bit of 'tongue pie' if helpoort is still about GLT.

Yep, he's put his foot in it there - already suggested, already rebuked. It doesn't look like the OP has the grace to dismount from his high horse, so I doubt we'll ever get to the bottom of this one.

Back