Problem with BBC channels...

ribrob

I noticed today that going to any BBC channel resulted in a black screen and then a message about it possibly being scrambled. A few BBC programmes that appeared to record now appear as broken in the media browser and as zero minutes long.

I did a retune of the box and now the BBC channels aren't even in the EPG any more.

Our Freeview television upstairs is getting BBC fine, so i assume it's not a signal issue.

Anyone got any ideas what might be the cause / solution?

Here's my box's info...

Web interface version: 1.2.2-8
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.03)

Rob

It is possible that the joints or the cabling to downstairs but not upstairs has developed a fault.

Try to check the joints and cabling.

If you cannot find anything wrong with the joints and cabling then if you can, take your HDR-FOX T2 upstairs and try it using the exact cabling that your freeview TV uses. If it works using exactly the same cabling as your TV then it is your aerial signal to downstairs at fault and not the HDR-FOX T2.

I just had this. Humax has been sat turned off for months, Sky subscription is ending, so I turn on the Humax, nothing. Retune, only found a few channels. Upstairs signal is perfect, signal to humax box downstairs is 40% at best.

Solution - dodgy aerial cable downstairs. Replaced and 80% signal strength.

Wasn't the cable, but the aerial socket on the wall that had broken. Thanks pointing me in the right direction though!

Back