Problem with HDR Fox T2 box

sennaf1

Hi,

I have a Humax freeview box which has developed a strange fault.

Hopefully someone has seen this before.

Basically, when you power it up the front panel doesn't come on - no orange or blue lights. When you look at the TV the box does boot and a picture comes up if an aerial is connected.

The problem is everything runs really slowly and the sound seems to also be slowed down and slurred. I have tried pressing buttons on the front panel but nothing happens.

I have also tried the remote control but that doesn't seem to do anything either.

Does anyone know if this is a common fault and can it be fixed with some basic tools?

I appreciate any help in resolving this.

Cheers
Kyri

The first test would be to disconnect the hard disk and see if it will start up without the disk.

I haven't seen the same symptoms described but don't give up hope yet!

Hi, thanks for the message.

Yes, I disconnected the hard drive and removed it. I turned on the unit but it was still behaving in the same way.

Let me know if there is anything else I should try.

cheers
Kyri

Sounds like you need to try a different front panel and then see where that goes. Or maybe it's a power supply problem.

The problem is everything runs really slowly and the sound seems to also be slowed down and slurred.
If this is to be believed and isn't coincidental, it is hard to reconcile with PSU or front panel. However, if it were me I would regard replacing the front panel as worth a punt... if one happened to have one (which of course I do).

In the OP's presumed position, if there is a second hand HDR-FOX still to be nabbed for circa £50, I would be inclined to do that. Then he still has the existing one as a source of spare parts.

If you do get a replacement machine you can recover the recordings from your existing machines hard disk.

Back