Problem with remote control using a pc or playbook with customised firmware

ballans

Hi,

Help please,

I Bought a HDR Fox T2 +1TB in Jan. 2012 and in November last I loaded customised firmware 2.14 on it and every thing I tested seemed to work. This included a Blackberry playbook and a PC as a remote control.
However in December an occasional fault on playback where the Humax briefly stopped on new recordings became progressively worse. A hard disk test registered code 5 failure so I removed the customised firmware and the unit was returned to Humax by the supplier. Humax have replaced it with a new unit just 12 months from the day it was purchased. I am pleased with Humax and Richer Sounds who loaned me a unit in the interval. The fault was present at a low level before I installed the customed firmware.

However I have just set up the new unit and loaded the customised firmware 2.14 and everything seems to work except for the remote function with either my PC or the BB playbook

The remote appears to function , the lights flash and pushing the OK button caused the remote to display the channel playing etc. but no other functions work. I get all the other data from the humax on the blackberry such as EPG, package management etc but no signals go from the remote to the humax (except the OK button).

I have rechecked everything, I think, but I am now at a loss as to what to do.

Any ideas?

I have solved my problem. I had not asigned a " user" under settings "web interface user access controls" . It now works. The act of posting a note made me think again so a big thankyou to the people who run this forum and provide such a great service and fantastic software.

This surprises me. Assigning a user means you will need to log in when you use the WebIF, and does not (on the face of it) have anything to do with the RC. I do not have user authentication, but my RC works fine.

On the other hand, RC does not work on my HD-FOX but I have not persisted to get to the bottom of it.

This surprises me. Assigning a user means you will need to log in when you use the WebIF, and does not (on the face of it) have anything to do with the RC. I do not have user authentication, but my RC works fine.

On the other hand, RC does not work on my HD-FOX but I have not persisted to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for the reply. I was also surprised as I could not remember assigning a user on my previous Humax. I will try deleteing the user and see if that really made the difference or did I do something else with out realising it? Having to sign in to WebIF is a pain.

I have now deleted the user account under WebIF and the remote continues to work properly and I no longer need to log in to use the WebIF. On reflection the thing that may have made the remote work was rebooting the Humax while setting up the WebIF user account.

Back