Problems deleting files with webif

MymsMan

Ad detector
For some reason I ended up with an orphan hmt file but when I tried to delete it it via webif failed (and all subsequent deletes in the batch were lost) - no message on browse menu but log shows.
Code:
in procedure 'file' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/safe_delete", line 78
5    in procedure 'safe_delete' called at file "/mod/webif/html/browse/delete.jim", line 24
4    /mod/webif/lib/safe_delete:78: Error: error copying "/media/My Video/American Pickers_20150507_1535.hmt" to "/media/My Video/[Deleted Items]/American Pickers_20150507_1535.hmt": file already exists

Delete shouldn't fail because it already exists in dustbin - either add a suffix to file name in dustbin or just quietly kill file if it is already in bin.

I know I can manually rename the file myself and then delete it to get around the problem

Unconnected problem:
Sometimes when I select files in the browse menu the Delete button appears active (not greyed out) but does nothing when clicked - I can see nothing in logs or browser console and haven't spotted any thing else to differentiate occasions when it works from those that it doesn't

Sometimes when I select files in the browse menu the Delete button appears active (not greyed out) but does nothing when clicked - I can see nothing in logs or browser console and haven't spotted any thing else to differentiate occasions when it works from those that it doesn't
Yes, I get similar to that sometimes too. Usually I'm trying to 'Cut' and everything looks as though it should work but nothing gets put on the Clipboard. Refreshing the page and re-selecting is the only way out. I imagine the actual action is irrelevant to the problem. I have no idea how to debug it though.

Yes, I get similar to that sometimes too. Usually I'm trying to 'Cut' and everything looks as though it should work but nothing gets put on the Clipboard. Refreshing the page and re-selecting is the only way out. I imagine the actual action is irrelevant to the problem. I have no idea how to debug it though.

It just happened again and with two files selected Cut and Delete buttons were inactive but Copy and Join were active, after refreshing page and reselecting all four buttons were active

I am still suffering with this annoying problem but today I experienced the reverse problem!

The Delete button was not greyed out (along with Copy and Cut) and was clickable even though there were no files selected.Humax HDR Fox T2 (Humax) - Mozilla Firefox 29102015 145303.jpg

probably the same problem as above.

I deleted 2 files in webif only to find them alive and well in the original folder 2 days later.

Back