Problems receiving all the bbcb mux

Walshy

Having read posts on problems with HD channels since the new channels became available, I haven't seen any mention of the problem I keep getting.
After retuning all was working fine, but then recently, maybe two or three weeks ago, all channels on the bbcb mux (BBC1, 2, 3 itv and ch4 hd) started to fail. At first it was picture break up, but that has gone to no picture at all. The channels shows no signal strength or quality.
All other channels are fine. My tv, which takes its signal from the rf out from the HDR t2, receives these channels fine with 100% signal strength.
Yesterday I updated to 1.03.06 with custom firmware 2.21 and all was fine again until is evening, when the picture started to fail and has finally gone completely. A retune, whether auto or manual, does not even find anything on the channel in question (40 dvb-t2).
Has anyone else seen this? Is it related to other problems mentioned on this forum about HD channels?

Try a full factory reset. It will mean setting everything up again from scratch (custom firmware helps because it can restore the recording schedule afterwards, otherwise you need a good memory or digital photos of the schedule pages).

Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Factory Default

Just tried that as suggested, but still no joy. Does this mean my HDR is on its last legs?
The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall the firmware again...

I can't see why one multiplex would not work when the others do, unless it is because of DVB-T2. Is your COM7 mux OK, or can't you get it in your area? What transmitter are you on?

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm on Sutton Coldfield and com7 is fine. Like you, I can't figure out why that would work yet bbcb keeps failing.
I might put a call into Humax in the morning, but don't hold out much hope of that being very useful.

It's a long shot, but it might be worth moving HDMI and aerial cables about (more specifically, away from each other) as it is just possible that the high frequency signal being carried by the HDMI cable could be interfering with the single RF frequency that carries C40+ 626.2MHz

Thanks Ezra, I'd not considered that, but had moved my stuff around a bit recently. Looks like it could well be the DVD player causing interference.
I've got the channels back now, so will just see how things go. Thanks again for you help.

Back