Problems with undelete

jxp

I'm hoping someone can help. I have had undelete installed for ages, but I recently noticed it wasn't working properly. Items were being immediately deleted rather than being moved to the Deleted folder.

To try and resolve this I uninstalled and re-installed the undelete package.
Now I have deleted items being moved to the deleted folder correctly, but there does not appear to be any clean up of the deleted folder. The last entry in the empty_dustbin log is from 12th May (which is probably when I re-installed undelete)

Any suggestions? How can I check the empty_dustbin job is correctly running?

Run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic.
Check for a line in /mod/var/spool/cron/crontabs/root that says:
0 2 * * * /mod/sbin/anacron -s -d

Check for a line in /mod/etc/anacrontab that says:
1 6 empty_dustbin /mod/sbin/empty_dustbin -l

Check what's in /mod/var/spool/anacron/empty_dustbin (should be today's date e.g. 20160522)
Check the log file at /mod/tmp/empty_dustbin.log

All on the Diagnostics page (directly or via the File Editor).

Last edited:
Items were being immediately deleted rather than being moved to the Deleted folder.
For completeness: this is expected behaviour if the deletion is preformed remotely from a file share (which is what I often do), or via FTP.

Run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic.

Unfortunately I get a 500 error when I run this diagnostic.
The web interface then stops responding until I reboot.

Check for a line in /mod/etc/anacrontab that says:
1 6 empty_dustbin /mod/sbin/empty_dustbin -l

I can see this line is indeed missing from the file. This is probably the issue with empty_dustbin, but the diagnostic failing is slightly more concerning!

Thanks for the help guys.
fixpkg ran and then I was able to run fix-flash-packages.

I can now see the missing line in anacrontab. I'll give it a day to check it is all working as expected, but hopefully that has fixed it all.

Back