Program for converting the .ts stream of a HD recording

Woops, sorry Ezra and Black Hole, got myself mixed up a bit - please accept my apologies

Ezra, I'll PM you with the file - what format do you want it in Word (docx) or PDF?

PDF would be better, I'm not sure you can attach files to PMs, but if not, we can use a file sharing site easily enough, I'll PM you

Putting it here before it migrates to the wiki would allow for peer review and debate, with the potential for improvement.

The output from FreemakeVideo (before it crashed) worked. Streamed from my Linkstation to the TV. Shame the conversion crashed before it got to the end!!
Currently testing AviDemux with a basic open file, select MPEG2, wide screen and save (very slow though)
Also testing the WebIf Shrink option (prompted by the various links above and the discussion around stripts)

As FreeMake crashes with HD TS file from the HDR, have you tried using Avidemux without setting any Video or Audio outputs (leave them set to copy), and then set the Output format to something like MP4v2 Muxer - this shouldn't take very long to complete (couple of minutes)

Once the file has been 'converted' to MP4, then bring the MP4 file in to FreeMake and do your conversion

This slight change in the file may stop FreeMake from crashing

Been playing around with sending HD files to a dvd. Normally I use Serif MoviePlus X6 which works fine with SD files but dosen't like the HD ones. I read through this thread and downloaded the latest version of FreeMake Video Converter v4.0.1.4 It converted a unencrypted HD file ( I use the auto unencrypt on the customised firmware) that I had transfer to the pc via a usb hardrive directly to a dvd, created a folder with the VOB INF etc files and then burned it with my dvd burning software. It worked flawlessly! I gave a very good rendering too with good sound and picture. Once I get some more time I will experiment with it and post my results, meanwhile I would recommend you try it for converting HD .ts files to DVD.

If something is converted / recorded in the DVD standard it will lose it's Hi-Definition resolution because the 1920X1080 has to be converted to 720X576 to make it acceptable to DVD authoring packages, however starting with a higher resolution source is the best way to get the most out of the DVD format. To retain the 1920X1080 you would have to use a Blu-ray format or MKV / AVI etc.

Note that in playback you can also jump 15 seconds in either direction using the < and > buttons on either side of the OK button.
Point of information: the jump time when using the left/right cursors is proportional to the length of the recording.

Been playing around with sending HD files to a dvd. Normally I use Serif MoviePlus X6 which works fine with SD files but dosen't like the HD ones. I read through this thread and downloaded the latest version of FreeMake Video Converter v4.0.1.4 It converted a unencrypted HD file ( I use the auto unencrypt on the customised firmware) that I had transfer to the pc via a usb hardrive directly to a dvd, created a folder with the VOB INF etc files and then burned it with my dvd burning software. It worked flawlessly! I gave a very good rendering too with good sound and picture. Once I get some more time I will experiment with it and post my results, meanwhile I would recommend you try it for converting HD .ts files to DVD.

If you have a bluray player and the HD file is smallest enough to fit on a DVD, you can burn the content in 1920 x 1080 to a DVD blank using the AVCHD format, The resulting disk will play in HD on a PC (using it's DVD drive) and on a bluray player. You can get around an hour of BBC-HD on a single layer DVD blank. TSmuxergui will create a AVCHD folder that IMGburn will burn to a DVD blank.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_avchd_with_imgburn.cfm

http://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR

Avdshare Video Converter, as the professional TS to MP4 converter, can batch convert all TS files to MP4 for playing TS on iPhone, iPad, iPod, PowerPoint, Zune, iTunes, Android, Samsung, BlackBerry, etc.

Avdshare Video Converter, as the professional TS to MP4 converter, can batch convert all TS files to MP4 for playing TS on iPhone, iPad, iPod, PowerPoint, Zune, iTunes, Android, Samsung, BlackBerry, etc.
So you have tested this specifically on the HiDef .TS output decrypted from a HDR-FOX recording, or is your post just advertising spam?

Please do this using an HD .ts file of 'The Halcyon' from the Humax. (Other ITV files are acceptable alternatives)
Then load the resulting .mp4 file into AVIdemux and remove the adverts.
Then report back on a) the time taken, b) the sound sync accuracy at various points (start, middle and end) of the intermediate .mp4 output file and the final clean output from AVIdemux, c) any pixelation at the transition points where the ads have been cut and d) how much your product costs.

Back