Programme Clipping again on BBC2

Ian Williams

I’ve noticed that at least two episodes of QI and the David Bowie documentary from Saturday, the 9th of February have all been cut off prematurely before the end of the recording.

This sort of problem seems to coincide with new channels and requires a rescan. The problem is you can’t back up your timer recordings before you do a re-tune and end up having to re-input them.

Is this just an observation you are making or are you after suggestions for a fix? If the latter it is essential that you tell 'us' what machine you are using.
The early cut off is the BBC's fault not getting the program end flag right that is out of your control.
Depending on your machine, it could be that the only 'aid' you have available is to take a photo of your schedule before you retune.

The problem is you can’t back up your timer recordings before you do a re-tune and end up having to re-input them.
You can... if you are running a HD-FOX or HDR-FOX and install the Custom Firmware.

I’ve noticed that at least two episodes of QI and the David Bowie documentary from Saturday, the 9th of February have all been cut off prematurely before the end of the recording.
There is a general problem at the moment. See https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/recordings-ending-a-minute-early.9131/. For possible solutions see Things Every... (click) section 3.

Sorry gang it’s an 1800T. As it happens I did photograph the schedule before I actually carried out the retune.

And people think I'm mad or a Luddite for not using AR.:D

The problem is you can’t back up your timer recordings before you do a re-tune and end up having to re-input them.

Something I'm getting rather fed up with. Freeview or the multiplex operators or someone else keeps piddling with the LCNs and which multiplex a channel is on. The 2000T (and therefore the 1800T) has an option in the hidden menu to back up and restore the timers and settings. It is neither use nor ornament. It backs up the values but you cannot restore them. (And before anyone comments on changes to multiplexes could cause a problem with a restore, it doesn't even work if you back up, delete timers, do nothing else, and then restore timers). :mad:

And people think I'm mad or a Luddite for not using AR.:D

Something I'm getting rather fed up with. Freeview or the multiplex operators or someone else keeps piddling with the LCNs and which multiplex a channel is on. The 2000T (and therefore the 1800T) has an option in the hidden menu to back up and restore the timers and settings. It is neither use nor ornament. It backs up the values but you cannot restore them. (And before anyone comments on changes to multiplexes could cause a problem with a restore, it doesn't even work if you back up, delete timers, do nothing else, and then restore timers). :mad:

How do I find the hidden menu? I’m menu curious.

I'm glad I manually adjust the 9pm Spiral to start at 8.57pm and finish at 11pm. Haven't missed the end yet. Just don't like the recording being called Wild China instead. [Insert "smug" smiley].

Back