Putting Humax in standby

danco

I quite often use my iPhone to connect to my Humax custom firmware, and use the remote to put it into standby.

But if there's too much being recorded (or watched) the on-off button of the web remote is covered by the list of items.

Is there another easy way to put the Humax into standby?

Thank you. I realised that I had been using the desktop version of the remote controller. I've switched to the mobile version and will see if that works better, which it may. If not, I now know how to create a macro. But I don't know how to rename macros. That is needed, because keystrokes on my keyboard sometimes act as remote control buttons rather than entering characters in the name.

Last edited:
IIRC once you've created an ir package macro, you only need to click on it (but I could be wrong).

This is really a bug in the remote control WebIf page, and possibly others. The status box should not interfere with the page content. One possible solution could be to add something like this CSS to the WebIf pages:
Code:
#irboxstatus:hover {
    max-height: 3ch;
    overflow-y: scroll;
}
This causes the status display to pull up when the cursor is moved over it, leaving a scrollable box so that status info can still be selected and copied. It needs some animation timing tweaks to stop it from flickering as the mouse is moved down to the content

This is really a bug in the remote control WebIf page, and possibly others. The status box should not interfere with the page content. One possible solution could be to add something like this CSS to the WebIf pages:
Code:
#irboxstatus:hover {
}
This causes the status display to pull up when the cursor is moved over it, leaving a scrollable box so that status info can still be selected and copied. It needs some animation timing tweaks to stop it from flickering as the mouse is moved down to the content
Css tweaks like this can be added to /mod/webif/html/css/EXTRA.css via the file editor on the diagnostics page.
That avoids the need to edit the webif code.

I have never understood why the IR page needs it own, permanently visible version of the status box rather than just using the standard status box

Might that be a historical accident, since ir is a plugin? Might the status box have started there and been adapted into the generic top-bar? If so, perhaps it could be reintegrated now. Or is it just an attempt to avoid this exact issue, since the only apparent difference is a slightly higher positioning?

Apparently the standard status pop-up could have the same issue. For that the id is status instead of irstatus.

I tried this, which (after a lot of trial-and-error) seems to work (the transition-delay should be enough to let any obscured content be manipulated, 5, or maybe 3, s:
Code:
#status:hover {
    transition-delay: 0s;
}

#status {
    width: 60%;
    transition-property: max-height, overflow-y;
    max-height: 1200ch;
    overflow-y: hidden;
    transition-delay: 5s;