Puzzle Corner

If you can see where a green number has been forced by any of the red numbers, do tell.
Thanks
The value of E1 should be > E2.
On your second solution it is, but the first it isn't. I've done that on a previous where there were a similar adjacent triplet of pairs.

That E1=[3 4] and not [2] makes a big difference as
[D1 E1] = [3 4] and C1=1 ∴︎ A1=[5 2] but as [A4 E5] = [1 2] ∴︎ A1=[5] and the rest is easy.

Last edited:
Yes, looking again I have found the logic.

C1=1 D2=5 E4=5 C5=5 B2=1
[B4 C4]=[3 4] ∴︎ [A4 D4]=[1 2]
D3=[1 2] ∴︎ D1=[3 4]
E1=[3 4] ∴︎ [A1 B1]=[2 5]
A5=[1 2] ∴︎ A1=5
then trivial.

Well, that's two of these puzzles I'm really struggling with. Although, I did find the starting 1s and 5s in the latest. Maybe I' ll try again later...

Well, that's two of these puzzles I'm really struggling with. Although, I did find the starting 1s and 5s in the latest. Maybe I' ll try again later...
The Sunday one strikes me as being quite tough – after the easy pickings it's a long inference chain to come up with the key. Without actually solving it, trial-and-error offers a 50/50 chance of getting it right.

Done them both now. Nice to see from your BOGOF offer that I managed to get one of your results. Disconcerting to see your image looks a lot like mine. As I recall your dot meaning is slightly different, but you can't have everything. ( For no reason I use 1-4 in the corners and 5 in the middle)

What with no papers in the shop this morning and then a complete data loss on this new ( cheap) tablet. i haven't got around to it yet. Probably a lot later. Sigh!

Back