Puzzle Corner

This one is more of a research exercise!
They were all British writers buried in or ashes at the churchyard of St. Peter’s, Seaview, Isle of Wight.
 
Didn't know there are two types of "Spoilers" in the BB code, SPOILER and ISPOILER...
SPOLIER TEXT
SPOILER
 
This one is more of a research exercise!
They were all British writers buried in or ashes at the churchyard of St. Peter’s, Seaview, Isle of Wight.
Oh, well done. But you are right, if that is the solution it is more of a Round Britain Quiz question than a puzzle (logic). I'll defend myself by saying I didn't know that at the time of posting!
 
Oh, well done. But you are right, if that is the solution it is more of a Round Britain Quiz question than a puzzle (logic). I'll defend myself by saying I didn't know that at the time of posting!
Fair enough. I have no defence of my first attempt of a puzzle.
 
There's a couple of right charlies on Countdown today, not Octochamp material! First two numbers rounds (so far), neither got either of them:

100 50 2 9 3 5, target 795

100 3 9 5 5 2, target 609

Update: not much better, only one of them got this:

100 25 7 2 6 2, target 239

And neither got:

25 10 2 5 5 9, target 487

One out of 8 is astonishingly poor... and these were four very easy ones.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top