PVR 9200T - no / bad signal

sooz

Hi all

Last night my PVR (in a 9500T shell) stopped working properly. When clicking on a channel there's a blank screen with the message no signal / programme scrambled - though the EPG was still listing all programmes. I switched off, unplugged and restrted without success. I left it to recuperate overnight without success. Today I tried to search for new channels to see if it might help but zero channels were located so no more EPG and I've lost my scheduled programmes, as expected.

What would you do next???
I'm not very tech-savvy (as you may have guessed) so an explanation for PVR-dummies is greatly appreciated :)

Stating the obvious, have you checked that the aerial cable is still plugged in? Have you tried plugging the TV (if it is digital into the aerial)? If you have an aerial amplifier is that switched on and working. What transmitter do you receive from? Most likely the problem is external to the Humax butbecause you have attempted to rescan, then you will need to rescan again when you find the problem. Come back and ask again if none of this helps.

Should have mentioned that all the connections are in place. They were set up a while ago by my technically gifted, and currently unavailable, friend. When I change the connections to receive terrestrial only tv I receive the channels fine. Have also tested the recorded programmes, prior to changing connections, and they won't play.

I am struggling to understand the problem. In your first post you said "my PVR (in a 9500T shell)". I am now not sure what you meant by this. Could you clearly state the model number or explain.

When I change the connections to receive terrestrial only tv I receive the channels fine.
What do you mean by "terrestrial only" TV? Is that analogue or Freeview? You still haven't answered the question about what transmitter you receive from (if you don't know then tell us where in the country you live.

It's a 9200 in a 9500 shell - apparently they ran out of 9200 shells. I only mentioned it as, though unlikely, it might have been related to the problem.
Transmitter unknown but I'm based in London.
That said, a friend is currently working on it and is hopeful for success.
Thanks fro the replies.

It's a 9200 in a 9500 shell - apparently they ran out of 9200 shells. I only mentioned it as, though unlikely, it might have been related to the problem.
Transmitter unknown but I'm based in London.
That said, a friend is currently working on it and is hopeful for success.
I have no idea what a 9500 shell is; the UK SD models are 8000, 9150, 9200, 9300. Let us know what the problem turns out to be (assuming he manages to fix it).

Back