PVR switched channels during recording

bathtub

I was recording the British Touring Car Championship from Rockingham yesterday. It's a seven hour program and I only wanted to watch certain races. Towards the end of the program it switched from recording freeview channel 24 (ITV4) to channel 81 (BBC parliament). I had nothing other set to record. I noticed noise bars on the playback in the few minutes before it switched. Recording seems perfect up to this point.

Today I'm getting signal strength 71%, quality 40 - 50% on channel 24. I've 93% free space available

I've had problems recording long programs before, when trying to watch them in 'time slip'. The PVR won't let me watch close to the point that's being recorded, say within thirty minutes or so.

Are these problems known, or could I have a bit of a duff machine?

Towards the end of the program it switched from recording freeview channel 24 (ITV4) to channel 81 (BBC parliament). I had nothing other set to record. I noticed noise bars on the playback in the few minutes before it switched. Recording seems perfect up to this point.

Today I'm getting signal strength 71%, quality 40 - 50% on channel 24. I've 93% free space available
Signal strength is fine but quality is awful. Is it usually that bad.

I've had problems recording long programs before, when trying to watch them in 'time slip'. The PVR won't let me watch close to the point that's being recorded, say within thirty minutes or so.
There is a limit as to how close to realtime you can get when chase playing but the limit is closer to 30 seconds than 30 minutes.

My first thoughts are that you might try manual tuning to make sure you have a correctly tuned box and if possible reformat the disk to make sure there is no file system corruption.

Forgot to mention: I did an automatic re-tune a couple of days ago. I get my signal from Sandy Heath. There's at least one more due.

When I had a problem with 'time slip', I overcame it by stopping the recording and starting a new one. I wondered if the model has a problem with recording over six hours continuously?

I'll have to sit down and do a re-format and manual tune (now where's the instruction book :confused:)

Back