PVR9300 sound problems

philip43

Suddenly, my 9300 has started to go quiet when playing back. The sound fades quite quickly and the it stays silent for several minutes. This is the case both when watching livetv via the Humax box and when watching recorded programmes. I've disconnected the PVR from the TV and plugged the aerial (freeview) directly into the TV and everything is fine, so I have concluded that the transmission quality and the TV are OK and the problem lies with the PVR. Anyone got any ideas?

I too have problems with the sound on my 9300. When watching live tv sound is good, but when i put the PVR on I have crank the sound up another 5--10 digits on the tv to be able to hear the program.
Any suggestions greatly received.
Would it be worth taking back and getting it renewed ??

Have you checked to make sure that the Humax volume has not been turned down for some reason? I find it best to have this set to full volume, and adjust the sound on your TV.

I too have problems with the sound on my 9300. When watching live tv sound is good, but when i put the PVR on I have crank the sound up another 5--10 digits on the tv to be able to hear the program.
Any suggestions greatly received.
Would it be worth taking back and getting it renewed ??
The Humax volume by default is set to 50%, simply turn up the Humax volume. Rather than taking the box back have a read of the manual.

I don't know what caused the problem I had originally (last April) but it seems to have sorted itself out. It would seem from Biggles' reply that this is characteristic of the Humax setup and Brian's idea seems to be the best solution. I'm going to try that myself.

Back