QNap not showing in network

jon99

My Qnap TS 410 NAS is not showing in the network.
I have 3 computers plus the Qnap but only one shows up and that doesn't let me in though it does have a shared drive
All three PCs are on WORKGROUP
Not sure about the Qnap as I can't see where to check that.
I can access the three pcs via logmein remote software. all have usernames and passwords.
Qnap has "allow all connections" in the security
All have static IPs
Could anyone advise on some basic checks or reasons why qnap and 2 pcs are not showing and one pc doesnt show any drives ?

are the folders/files/drives on the pc's set as share

try the without usernames and passwords

sorry cant help with Qnap

Firewall? Are they on the same subnet as the HDR?

If they are open to the network, there is no other reason to why they would not be visible.
Can the PCs see each other? I'm guessing not..

Also, make sure you have WMP installed and set to share your media correctly or whichever streamer you are using. Network shares/drives are not the way it works - it needs a streamer like WMP or Serviio or TVersity etc although I'm sure you've already got this setup...?

Firewall? Are they on the same subnet as the HDR?

If they are open to the network, there is no other reason to why they would not be visible.
Can the PCs see each other? I'm guessing not..

Hi PCSs are on the same network and can see each other.
only using windows firewall

Also see edit..
Ah this might be it.
I also have an HDX media player (popcorn) which I currently use(am trying the Humax to see if I no longer need the HDX)
I believe the HDX has its own streamer.
Its the Qnap I want to see mostly, as that is a NAS doesnt it have its own streamer?

To get the Humax to see the QNAP NAS you need to configure the media server (normally twonkymedia server on a QNAP)

Thanks everybody, I've now enabled twonkymedia on the Qnap
It shows up now but it still doesn't let me in.
probably something in the twonky config , I'm looking into it

Back