[qtube] Webif front end for youtube-dl

What does that actually mean? Be specific.

That won't help.

Which probabably means it needs a less specific fix. Try this (make sure you copy and paste it):
find "/mod/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/youtube-dl" -name '*.pyc' -exec echo rm \"{}\" \; | $SHELL
If that doesn't work, then an even less specific one:
find "/mod/lib/python2.7" -name '*.pyc' -exec echo rm \"{}\" \; | $SHELL
Thanks for responding. It’s good to know how much of a novice I am and how much I need to improve the detail in any future postings (hopefully not many):)

The first solution you offered has worked and was simple to implement🎆. Thank you.

Before posting I had previously tried a load of stuff from postings on topics that looked like they may have been related to my problem. I had naively thought that because the output was repeatedly referring to Python "Stuff" and I am not familiar with Python I’d try one of the postings that suggested re-installing "Python-Setuptools", I used [Webif][Package Management][Installed][Showing Advanced Packages] to remove the remove "Python-Setuptools" because it has the description "Download, build, install, upgrade, and uninstall Python packages -- easily!". I then used the similar process but using the "Available" tab to Install it again which according to its description downloads and re-installs a fresh copy.

how much I need to improve the detail in any future postings
Put yourself in the place of the reader and see whether it makes sense from a position of not being able to see what you see and without prior knowledge of what you've actually done. It can be quite tricky, which is why, I guess, so many people struggle with this sort of thing.
I’d try one of the postings that suggested re-installing "Python-Setuptools"
I've searched the forum and can't find any such posts. In fact, there were only 3 references to it at all, one of which was your above post and the other two were just in a list of packages. Needless to say, I have no idea what this does or what might need it. It's certainly nothing to do with the base Python package or youtube-dl or qtube.
It always helps to quote a reference to save anybody else searching.
I used [Webif][Package Management][Installed][Showing Advanced Packages] to remove the remove "Python-Setuptools" because it has the description "Download, build, install, upgrade, and uninstall Python packages -- easily!". I then used the similar process but using the "Available" tab to Install it again
Was this installed already? What for? I assume it's some sort of development tool.
The first solution you offered has worked
Good. This is effectively what uninstalling and reinstalling youtube-dl does in terms of cleanup, without the overhead of actually uninstalling and reinstalling as BH suggested (and which would have worked, as would /df's solution, although it was not totally clear (to me) at that point that it was the same problem).

The Python-Setuptools was just there. I have no idea how it got there and had just assumed it was a part of Webif. Ican only guess what it is used for from it's description.
I can't find the reference on Hummy.tv I used that prompted me to re-install, it may have been on another forum, (Github or other) as I would not have just installed it for fun. My only other excursion onto the advanced package section of Webif was to install the Qtube-dl package after reading entries in the hummy.tv postings. I have been using qtube-dl for sometime now on my laptop. It's a great package and accessing it on my ageing HDR Fox T2 is actually a nicer way to use it (for me anyway).
It's a shame that I can't identify how/why it suddenly stopped working but the main thing is that it's working now and I've confirmed that on both YouTube and BBCi player.
Thanks again.

setuptools is a historic Python utility used for installing some Python add-on packages. youtube-dl doesn't need it. Also, the repo version is too old to be useful (0.6 vs current 44.x) and generally people prefer pip (which may have setuptools embedded)

I can't find the reference on Hummy.tv I used that prompted me to re-install, it may have been on another forum, (Github or other) as I would not have just installed it for fun.
This is the only authoritative forum when it comes to HDR-FOX CF.

Back