Query about ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5 on FVP recorders etc

Tim.ivn

Hi Everyone

I am considering purchasing an FVP recorder but before I do so, I would like to know some things.

1. Is it possible to watch content from ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5 on these recorders in HD and at 50fps (where applicable)?

2. Is it possible to download content from these sources to the FVP recorder before watching them in order to avoid buffering?

3. Is it possible to download unencrypted recordings and the content mentioned above from the FVP recorder to a USB stick with the aid of a utility such as FOXY?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Tim

1. Is it possible to watch content from ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5 on these recorders in HD and at 50fps (where applicable)?

2. Is it possible to download content from these sources to the FVP recorder before watching them in order to avoid buffering?
I think the answer to questions 1 and 2 is probably no but wait for an expert on the FVP to answer.
3. Is it possible to download unencrypted recordings and the content mentioned above from the FVP recorder to a USB stick with the aid of a utility such as FOXY?
You can download unencrypted copies of SD (but not HD) recordings made on the box. There is certainly not currently anything to do the same trick as Foxy. I don't think there is anyway currently to download content obtained via the various players.

Only Sky has the capability to download content in the original broadcast quality and store it on the HDD. Even Sky does not support 50 fps. All satellite content is interlaced 1920 x 1080 at 50 fields/sec which is 25 fps. Sky-HD boxes are not capable of Full-HD at even 25fps. Freeview-HD can do 1080p25 but not 1080p50.

Even Blu-Ray does not support 1080p50/60. Max frame rate for full-HD on blu-ray is 1080p24 , to get 50/60 fps you have to 720p 1280 x 720.

Only iplayer has HD capability and that depends on your download speed. iplayer adjusts the quality according to the speed of your connection.

Back