Quest+1 Sound Problem

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I've just switched to James May's Man Lab on Quest+1 and the sound track is just static! Quest is OK. I wonder what the same programme was like on Quest.

Sound restored on advert break... waiting to see what happens at the end of the adverts.

Static again. I'll wager nobody (in a position to do anything about this) is monitoring it, and the static is preventing the silence detectors sounding an alarm.

I'll also wager it was the same an hour ago on Quest.

sound track is just static!
Whoa! WTF does that mean? Should it be moving then? Oh, and it wasn't an exclamation. Miss-use of exclamation mark.:eek: 1/10 see me.:duel:
Now, of course I know what you mean by static (Assumption: If you mean similar to white noise) but others may not.;)

"Static" even carries that particular definition in the 1981 Chambers Family Dictionary, so I'm not going to bother with the fight - it's a foregone win.

Would you prefer a question mark? I don't understand your point, other than to be deliberately combative (which I don't disapprove of - you know I like a cut & thrust). It's an exclamation mark because, contrary to your remark in post 4, I was exclaiming (ie making a statement with more emphasis that would otherwise be indicated by just a full stop, generally indicating surprise).

I didn't use a question mark at the end of post 1 because, although prefaced by "I wonder", it wasn't really a question to be answered. I suppose you would have been doubly confused by an interrobang?!

Back