Question about tuning & backing up schedule.

makem

I always manually re-tune rather than use the Humax auto tune facility.

Today, for the first time I made use of the schedule backup facility and it occurred to me that it also saves my favourite channels.

Forgive my ignorance, but if I re-tune and then restore my schedule, does it also change the channels I have tuned to those saved prior to the re-tune?

Following a re-tune, I delete those channels such as 800+, Rabbit, sex channels and many others.

No. You still have to delete those yourself.

There is a quick way: Menu >> Settings >> Edit Channels >> Edit Channel List, then use the OK button and up/down cursor to mark the channels you wish to delete, then press red.

No. You still have to delete those yourself.

There is a quick way: Menu >> Settings >> Edit Channels >> Edit Channel List, then use the OK button and up/down cursor to mark the channels you wish to delete, then press red.

Yes, I am aware of that but I asked if the backup replaced whatever deletions/additions I had made in the list as you suggest.

As an example, suppose I selected channels 1, 3,5,7,9,11, deleting the remainder and had backed these up with my schedule.

Then I re-tune and select channels 1,5,7,9,11,13, again deleting the remainder.

Now I reinstall my schedule which also re-installs my favourite channels.

Are the channels I end up with the former or the latter list?

The schedule restore only restores the schedule, and favourites were added later. It does nothing to the channel list.

During the restore the schedule data gets patched up to account for service changes, and I imagine any scheduled recordings for a channel no longer in the list get ditched.

Ok, as I don't use Favourites, (I just delete the channels I don't use and the remainder are my default Guide list), it will only replace my Schedule which is just what I need :)

Back