Question re. series recording.

anotherbob

I'm still acclimatising to my HDR-Fox T2 after years using a Topfield with the My Stuff TAP. When using Series record on the Toppy it would ignore repeat showings of episodes. My Humax doesn't seem to do that. I like the Chasing Classic Cars series on QUEST, but I spend too much time deleting episodes I've seen before.
Is there something I've missed?

In the hidden menu (See HERE) there is an option to display the CRID info., this displays a unique programme ID and Series ID, if these numbers (sent by the broadcaster) are different, then the Humax will see it as different and record it. It is also possible to see this info. on the Web Interface if you have the Custom Firmware installed

So I assume that the information that would enable the Humax to ignore repeats is not being made available by the broadcaster? It seems to work OK with another of my QUEST favourites, "Salvage Hunters".

If a programme with CRID say FP.BBC.CO.UK/23VDIR has already been recorded, it shouldn't be recorded again, have you checked this?

upload_2015-3-29_15-22-56.png

After enabling CRID in the hidden menu, the 'i' plate information screen for a selected programme item will display CRID and Series CRID numbers

Last edited:
I don't use it personally, but there is a facility in the Custom Firmware called dedup, whose function is to sort out duplicated recordings (after they have recorded).

Last edited:
I have problems recording ITV1 on both SD and HD but it's erratic. In the afternoons I record Judge Rinder and The Chase. On some occasions JR fails to record either on HD mostly but sometimes on SD as well. Sometimes it only records about 30 mins. The Chase is less problematic I would think.

Presumably you are using AR recording rather than padding? ITV are pretty good at transmitting AR flags correctly. Do you have channels tuned from more than one transmitter: are there channels stored in the 800s? This is known to cause problems with AR recording. You might have to do a manual retune and only tune in one transmitter (back up or note your recording schedule first). Alternatively you could switch to padding.

Presumably you are using AR recording rather than padding? ITV are pretty good at transmitting AR flags correctly. Do you have channels tuned from more than one transmitter: are there channels stored in the 800s? This is known to cause problems with AR recording. You might have to do a manual retune and only tune in one transmitter (back up or note your recording schedule first). Alternatively you could switch to padding.

Yes, using AR recording. Did do a complete retune very recently as there were several new channels I wasn't receiving, including the Horror channel. As far as I know, no 800s included but I'll check later.
Would putting in programme manually with overlap at both ends get over this problem?

Would putting in programme manually with overlap at both ends get over this problem?
If you can't get AR to work, padding is the best option as you keep series links etc. If you have custom firmware you can keep AR as a general setting and change this to padding for particular recordings.

Back