Radio stations

bathtub

I've just bought a HDR-2000T to replace my 9300 that died.

I've set it up, but can't find radio stations anywhere. I saw it find numerous during the tuning procedure, but they're not anywhere in the channel list.

The old 9300 had them in the 700 range and a separate TV/radio button to select that range. There's nothing like that on the 2000T.

Am I missing something obvious? I've RTFM and can find nothing.

I found the following information on ways to access radio channels.
2. This machine provides a variety of methods to switch over to a freeview radio channel.
Method 1: Press the OK button on the remote. This will display a list of channels. Above this it will tell you (or remind you) which channel group you are currently in. Use the left and right buttons that are positioned beside the OK button to change the list to either a radio list or a favourite list if you have one set-up. Then use the up and down buttons positioned above and below the OK button to highlect the channel, followd by OK to select it..
Method 2: Press the guide button and select the current programme for the channel you want to watch or listen to. If the epg does not appear to contain the channel you want then use the blue button to select whether you want the epg to contain TV or radio or HDTV or favourite or recent channels.
Method 3: If you are already listening to a radio channel then you can just key in the freeview channel number for the radio station without having any of the menus displayed.
Method 4: Favourite lists can have a mix of radio, tv and data channels. Set one of these up and activite it. This will simplify methods 1 to 3 as the channel lists will be default to all channels you are interested in and you can use the direct the freeview channel number for the radio station.
Method 5: There is another method via the i button but it too relies on having a favourite list set-up or already being on a radio channel.

Nope, they're not there.

I've re-installed it and it says it's found 116 TV stations, 25 radio stations.

There's just one station in the 700 range and that's a TV station.

If the Humax says it's found 25 radio stations, they should be there.
Did you try Brian's first suggestion?
Try manually keying in 702 and see if you get Radio 2.

If the Humax says it's found 25 radio stations, they should be there.
Did you try Brian's first suggestion?
Try manually keying in 702 and see if you get Radio 2.
That works for me as well using the latest software. (I'm not sure that selecting a radio channel number while watching TV worked with the older software.)

On my HDR-2000T I have got use to not having a TV/RADIO button and no longer miss it. The remote for the HDR-18000T has got one and will operate the HDR-2000T. If the HDR-2000T ever needs replacing then for some the HDR-1800T remote could be preferable, but it cannot operate the TV.

As per post 3, use Guide >> Group >> Radio. I just dial in the LCN for the service I want: 704 = Radio 4, 718 = Smooth...

That works for me as well using the latest software. (I'm not sure that selecting a radio channel number while watching TV worked with the older software.)
I've no idea whether it worked for the older software. The second thing I did when I got my 2000T was to update the software. (1st - made sure it switched on, found all the multiplexes etc.).

I've just bought a HDR-2000T to replace my 9300 that died.

I've set it up, but can't find radio stations anywhere. I saw it find numerous during the tuning procedure, but they're not anywhere in the channel list.

The old 9300 had them in the 700 range and a separate TV/radio button to select that range. There's nothing like that on the 2000T.

Am I missing something obvious? I've RTFM and can find nothing.
Go to home on remote and quickly click the TVGuide. It will change to list of radio stations

On HDR-FOX (which is not necessarily the same) one can go Guide >> Group (blue) >> Radio.

However, note you have replied to a topic that is two years stale.

Back