Random problems

Jeddy

Hi,
I wonder if someone could help please, I'm having a few random problems.

The history (which may not all be relevant) is that a few weeks ago I was having home WiFi problems and as a side effect ended up changing Hummy network settings changing from WiFi to LAN.
I think at this point remote scheduling stopped working, I can't be sure the LAN was working.
Just before Xmas to try and sort the hummy out and got LAN working and thought I update all my CF packages.

I then noticed that I'm now unable to Decrypt (I've tried resetting DLNA a couple of times, but Decrypt remains greyed out). Auto decrypt was working before I did the update.
I've now noticed that using the web interface to look at the EPG it's empty. Bizarely, if I e.g. search for 'Oliver' it finds the film on 25th Dec (it's now Jan 1st!). Looks like the data is just not being updated. I also notice epgd.log shows /mod/bin/epg: can't load library 'libxconv.so' The EPG on the Hummy itself is fine.

It also appears that RS is no longer working, I can see entries to be added (some out of date now) and that RS has seen my box today (and also on a few days recently when I checked), but no data is getting sent to the box apparently.

I've tried doing a factory reset but no difference to EPG, Decrypt or RS.

FWIW, I've just noticed under Package Management that a few items show in red with an !
channeldel !
custom-portal !
mongoose !
Not sure on the significance (if any) of that.

Any suggestions for how to fix this please?

Thanks,
Jeddy

Decrypt may be disabled because Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share has turned itself off (it needs to be on, otherwise the custom decryption options can't work).

! may indicate the packages are deprecated (those ones are certainly no longer in use). channeldel is replaced by tunefix, mongoose should be removed, and custom-portal doesn't work with the browser in 1.03 firmware.

If your HDD has gone read-only or has other file system errors, you can get almost any weird effects. I recommend installing the latest custom firmware, running fixdisk, then clearing out the CF and rebuilding from scratch.

Quick Guide to Disk Recovery (click)

Thanks for the very quick reply!
Content Share (and FTP Server) are currently on (you are right, I had to turn off to reset the DLNA, but did remember to turn back on).
I have no reason to believe the HDD has gone read only (I can still record to it). Other file system errors I can't comment on so will check.

It's been a while since I upgraded the CF so after a fixdisk I'll give that a go.

Just one thing I'm not sure on, 'clearing out the CF'. Is that the CFW Reset button after installing the latest CF?
Thanks
Jeddy

Scratch this post (now edited to remove), I've now reset the CF so will work forwards
Thanks, Jeddy

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I now seem to be working again. Programs being decrypted, webif EPG populated, hopefully RS is working.
Jeddy

Back